WAG Slower floor music: yay or nay?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymnastbeth

Moderator/Gymnast
I get new floor music this year, and my coach is letting me pick 3 songs that I really like. From those 3, she will choose which piece I use. I found 2 pretty good songs, but a third one that I fell in love with. It's from the movie Amelie, and is very slow and graceful. ( Amelie | Jumptwist Music ).

Question is, is it harder to do a floor routine to music that is slow? Would it be better to choose more fast-paced music that is similar to what I've worked with in the past? My concern is that fast paced tumbling would look out of place with this music. Anyone that's had slower music, I would love to hear how you liked it. Thanks :).

Honestly as much as I like the fast paced songs I know that personally with my body type and dance style I'd need a slower more graceful song.
That said, I think this song has enough of an upbeat in it to put your tumbling in.

The music has to go with the gymnast and her style. If your more a ballet dancer type then the slow might be good for you. If your more dramatic then go for the drama music, If your more upbeat then the cheerful type. The gymnasts that are more the power tumblers tend to have the rock and roll fast paced music. My DD loves the more daramatic classical style music because it suites her style and she loves to dance to it so she performes it better.

I would ask your coach what style of music she thinks would fit your gymnastic style.

That link took me to 'Lebanese Techno Beat'. Sounded like an Indian santoor with a beat. Was that the right track? It didn't sound slow and graceful to me, I can definitely imagine tumbling to it. I would tell your coach if you really love one particular track, as I expect that you would perform well to a tune you really love.

That link took me to 'Lebanese Techno Beat'. Sounded like an Indian santoor with a beat. Was that the right track? It didn't sound slow and graceful to me, I can definitely imagine tumbling to it. I would tell your coach if you really love one particular track, as I expect that you would perform well to a tune you really love.

For some reason when you get to the page, a different song starts playing, and you need to hit play on the correct song... Weird design... If you want to hear it, it's the Amelie one.

I'm a taller gymnast and I've had more graceful songs in the past, I'm just concerned about how slow this one is. But, I think I'm going to choose it as my third song and get my coach's opinion.

Okay, I got a different tune to play this time! It had a piano and some high arpeggiated string/synth? You could tumble during those fast arpeggiated parts. Let us know which tune you end up using!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back