WAG Snapping Hip Syndrome or inflamed hip tendons

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

tigermom

Proud Parent
Hello - my DD is 12 training level 8/9 and has been out of the gym for over 5 weeks. She has pain in her right hip - front and side. She hears a popping sound...and then pain. She has had pain over 12 weeks now. X-ray show no breaks and MRI shows inflamed hip tendons. She has PT 2X per week, taking anti-inflamatories and icing. None of this is helping. Also scheduled to meet with a rheumatologist in Jan.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Or any success in treating this? Thanks!

We can’t give medical advice on the CB. I’m going to leave this unlocked but please tread lightly.

Thank you...I didn’t realize my question appeared to be seeking medical advice. There are no threads on this topic and wondered if others had experience with this injury and hoped that they would be willing to share their experience.

As a former gymnast (ugh 30-35 years ago!) I remember having that same type of pain. I was young though so admittedly don't know exactly what they said it was. I do remember not doing bars for a few months as that is where the pain was the worst. I hope the PT helps and she heals well.

My soccer player has the same problem (goalie, so lots of side to side motions). I randomly found this thread looking for experiences with Sever's for my gymnast. We saw an ortho about hers, and it was the same. Inflamed, but no breaks, maybe a slightly smaller pocket for her hip ball, but not dysplasia. She ordered PT to get "buns of steel". She wants the muscles strong enough to hold the ball in, if that makes sense. It has helped, but it still pops sometimes. Have you tried a chiropractor? Ours showed us a specific way to help release the hip. (Is that ok to say mod? I'm not saying how to do it...) It really helps for flare ups.

My soccer player has the same problem (goalie, so lots of side to side motions). I randomly found this thread looking for experiences with Sever's for my gymnast. We saw an ortho about hers, and it was the same. Inflamed, but no breaks, maybe a slightly smaller pocket for her hip ball, but not dysplasia. She ordered PT to get "buns of steel". She wants the muscles strong enough to hold the ball in, if that makes sense. It has helped, but it still pops sometimes. Have you tried a chiropractor? Ours showed us a specific way to help release the hip. (Is that ok to say mod? I'm not saying how to do it...) It really helps for flare ups.
Thank you! We just started seeing a chiropractor weekly and that has helped tremendously.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back