Parents So angry

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

medic3188

So I have posted that we are switching gyms and have decided that this is the best for my family. When I look and the old gym took my credit card number off an old receipt and charged my account 150 dollars without authorization. I always pay on the first friday by check. So then I threatnening to call the bank fraud and they said they would reverse it, well the amount got charged to my card a second time. Plus I paid them by check also, so they said that they credited the account. So many phone calls and the aggrevation, plus the owner was trashing the new gym.
So we have I week until states and the switch..and Amber had worked out 4 times at the new gym, and has really showed improvements in her backwards roll , roundoffs, backhandspring and she has aquired a brand new skill, a cartwheel on the beam. The proof is in the pudding so to speak huh. SHe is loving the 1 to 5 ratio and in fact she has to improve her stamina to keep up with the fact that she does not have to wait for 13 girls to take a turn. She works out non stop. And they actually condition 45 minutes a day. Love it...
I just wish I did not have to leave on a sour note.

That sucks about the money issue. I hope it gets straightened out.

Hopefully time will fly by and states will be over before you know it!

Sounds like the new gym situation is working out well. Sometimes a change really is needed. Our gym switch was really hard, but I am so glad we did it, even if it meant her repeating a level, I think in the long run, it will be better for her. She really clicks with her coaches and her skills and strength have improved a ton in the month she has been there.

Hoping the new gym works out wonderfully!!

So I have posted that we are switching gyms and have decided that this is the best for my family. When I look and the old gym took my credit card number off an old receipt and charged my account 150 dollars without authorization. I always pay on the first friday by check. So then I threatnening to call the bank fraud and they said they would reverse it, well the amount got charged to my card a second time. Plus I paid them by check also, so they said that they credited the account. So many phone calls and the aggrevation, plus the owner was trashing the new gym.

What kind a business are they running ... charging to a credit card without authorization. I would have been furious also. Keep an eye on that card even after you leave..ya never know when a charge will show up unwanted I guess. I'm glad that the switch is working out well, sounds like a good fit for your dd. We had a girl join my dds gym last year 2 weeks before States. She competed States for our gym with no problems. So, if you have to, you can competed for the new gym if things are driving you crazy and you just can't stand it any longer.

Mariposa...So glad that the new gym is working out well. Been thinking about you and wondering how it was going.

Medic, I work for MasterCard, and I know Visa has the same ZERO liability policy (if you live in the US). Don't threaten to call the bank -- just call them. Tell them they are using your account without your authority and want to dispute the charges. Also mention that you've already tried to settle the matter, without satisfaction.

This often results in the polite call to the merchant (gym) from the banks card services desk. The idea of having one's merchant account (the ability to accept MC/Visa) suspended is usually enough to straighten out the matter.

But again, if you live in the U.S., you are not liable for ANY charge you didn't authorize. This protection is absolute.

High Five to Ambers CW on beam. That skill can only lead to great things.

Last edited:
I would call the credit card company and tell them that the gym does not have authority to submit a charge from you and have the CC company reverse the charge.

sounds like you have a great new fit for your DD Keep us informed as to how she does.

That really stinks.One other reason to leave that gym since they can't run a legitimate business.
That was one reason we did not give our gym our creditcard number.

Sorry to hear about your gym problems, but it sounds like your dd has a great new gym to call home! Are you going to State with your old or new gym? We have the Sunday, 11:00 a.m. session, which do you guys have? Good Luck to Amber and maybe we'll see you guys there!!

Hey there. Amber is competiting with the old gym.She is working out two days a week with the new gym and three with the old. She switches on Monday. We drew the 1:00 start on sunday. I will see you there. Good luck

Medic, I work for MasterCard, and I know Visa has the same ZERO liability policy (if you live in the US). Don't threaten to call the bank -- just call them. Tell them they are using your account without your authority and want to dispute the charges. Also mention that you've already tried to settle the matter, without satisfaction.

This often results in the polite call to the merchant (gym) from the banks card services desk. The idea of having one's merchant account (the ability to accept MC/Visa) suspended is usually enough to straighten out the matter.

But again, if you live in the U.S., you are not liable for ANY charge you didn't authorize. This protection is absolute.

High Five to Ambers CW on beam. That skill can only lead to great things.

Hope you saw this post and follow her advice!! That really stinks they'd charge your CC without your say so.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back