So excited for DD next meet. (I might be more so than her..lol)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Deanna

Moderator/Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Well..even though I know she is just a L2, and its just the begining and shes really not doing gymnastics persay..yadda yadda..lol. Im SOOOOO excited for this meet. Its bitter sweet in a way. This is her first competitive season..and its coming to a close. This will be her last meet of the season (this sunday), and probably her L2. (not sure..but think they go through 2 and 3 rather quickly). Its an away meet. A couple hours away. And for the first time (this is only her 4th..bahhaa) this meet isnt on a friday after school. Its early sunday morning instead..lol. Has an 8:30 check in time. With a 2 hr drive and having to get up, eat, get ready she would have to be up by 5 at the latest..and that would be really pushing things. So we are going to stay the night. Just her and I. No boys this time. Just the girls. Bubba will stay home with Daddy and do "man things" (not sure who might learn more on that one..lol). Im so excited. We are leaving here early saturday, spending sometime at the mall in LR shopping for Bubba's birthday. Then we can check into the hotel at 2. So we will do that pretty close to that..then spend some time in the pool. Kadee is so excited about the pool. (both my kids are water babies). Gonna have to find her a new bathing suit. Dont know what to do with her. Tried her one on that FIT her last year..it doesnt fit this year. Its too big. :p. Her legs have really slimmed down and the leg holes are too big now. She has this problem with leos too..and wears bar shorts to hide that. Im going to have to go to the infant section and see if I can find one that has leg holes small enough, yet is big enough everywhere else. I know the younger they are the chubbier the legs..so this might not happen. She may have to wear a pair of shorts in the pool. Dunno, we shall see. Okay, back on track Deanna, get checked in..swim a bit..grab a bite to eat..then depending on time, maybe jump in the pool for a few minutes, then relax in the bed and watch a little boob tube. The hotel suposidly has a full buffett style free breakfast. So we dont even have to leave for that in the morning..just get up, head down grab a bite, then back up to the room to get ready. Im really excited. I so rarely get time to really do things with JUST her anymore.
Plus I got a new digi video recorder. I got a pole that it sits on to help hold the dang thing still since i shake like a leaf. So hopefully I can manage to get the video of this meet and Im not busy fighting with it the whole time..lol
I am just giddy with this whole adventure we are going to have. Im not sure at this point who is acting like the 5 yr old and who is acting like the..well, adult..lol

Sounds like you are going to have a great weekend! You and your daughter will make memories that you'll keep with you long after all the medals are forgotten about! Have fun!

Hee hee, all our meets are like that, except that we also have to deal with planes, passports, foreign currency, immigration and customs! Yes, I do get excited to get off this little rock I live on, even if only to go to a nearby bigger rock. :) My DD gets excited about the pool, the mall and going to different restaurants. Have fun at your last meet, and hope she does well!

Well..even though I know she is just a L2, and its just the begining and shes really not doing gymnastics persay..yadda yadda..lol. Im SOOOOO excited for this meet. Its bitter sweet in a way. This is her first competitive season..and its coming to a close. This will be her last meet of the season (this sunday), and probably her L2. (not sure..but think they go through 2 and 3 rather quickly). Its an away meet. A couple hours away. And for the first time (this is only her 4th..bahhaa) this meet isnt on a friday after school. Its early sunday morning instead..lol. Has an 8:30 check in time. With a 2 hr drive and having to get up, eat, get ready she would have to be up by 5 at the latest..and that would be really pushing things. So we are going to stay the night. Just her and I. No boys this time. Just the girls. Bubba will stay home with Daddy and do "man things" (not sure who might learn more on that one..lol). Im so excited. We are leaving here early saturday, spending sometime at the mall in LR shopping for Bubba's birthday. Then we can check into the hotel at 2. So we will do that pretty close to that..then spend some time in the pool. Kadee is so excited about the pool. (both my kids are water babies). Gonna have to find her a new bathing suit. Dont know what to do with her. Tried her one on that FIT her last year..it doesnt fit this year. Its too big. :p. Her legs have really slimmed down and the leg holes are too big now. She has this problem with leos too..and wears bar shorts to hide that. Im going to have to go to the infant section and see if I can find one that has leg holes small enough, yet is big enough everywhere else. I know the younger they are the chubbier the legs..so this might not happen. She may have to wear a pair of shorts in the pool. Dunno, we shall see. Okay, back on track Deanna, get checked in..swim a bit..grab a bite to eat..then depending on time, maybe jump in the pool for a few minutes, then relax in the bed and watch a little boob tube. The hotel suposidly has a full buffett style free breakfast. So we dont even have to leave for that in the morning..just get up, head down grab a bite, then back up to the room to get ready. Im really excited. I so rarely get time to really do things with JUST her anymore.
Plus I got a new digi video recorder. I got a pole that it sits on to help hold the dang thing still since i shake like a leaf. So hopefully I can manage to get the video of this meet and Im not busy fighting with it the whole time..lol
I am just giddy with this whole adventure we are going to have. Im not sure at this point who is acting like the 5 yr old and who is acting like the..well, adult..lol
oh! I sooo totally get this!! With 3 sons and my husband, Mia and I are the only females in this household! She's only had 5 meets but two of them required overnite stays, and we loved the time together! Besides, the boys absolutely do NOT get how improtant the whole "complex meet hairstyle" is. And they haven't a clue about glitter!! lol

Have an AWESOME time and enjoy it!!
then come back here and show us videos!! ;)

Sounds like its going to be a great time! Staying at a hotel for a meet is always fun. Good look with finding that bathing suit. :)

oh! I sooo totally get this!! With 3 sons and my husband, Mia and I are the only females in this household! She's only had 5 meets but two of them required overnite stays, and we loved the time together! Besides, the boys absolutely do NOT get how improtant the whole "complex meet hairstyle" is. And they haven't a clue about glitter!! lol

LOL I have 3 older brothers, growing up with all boys in the house sure is weird! But it's fun!

Just a bathing suit suggestion for you. I have the same trouble finding DD a bathing suit that fits correctly. She's 6 now, but last summer when she was 5 I ended up finding some cute ones at Old Navy and Crazy 8 that fit her really well. She loves little bikini's and her problem is always the bottom being too large. She is very slim through the hips and has no behind so they just fall off. Or they fit okay when you buy it, but the minute it gets wet it starts falling off. I actually bought her a bathing suit at Crazy 8 that was size 18 months and it fit perfectly. She had this really cute one from Old Navy that was size 18-24 months that she wore for 3 years. We finally retired it at the end of last summer. I also found her a cute, but very expensive bikini at Macy's that fit her really well because the bottoms were super tiny. The brand was Roxy I think and she was able to get a 3T. It fit so well that we ended up hunting down another style at a Macy's out of town.

I hope she has a great meet and that you ladies enjoy your weekend away! Sounds like fun!

As for the bathing suit, sometimes a two piece will have smaller leg holes than the one pieces. Or if you found one where the bottoms were little shorts instead of the panty like bottoms, that would probably fit her better too. Your dd must be tiny! My dd has always been a little on the thicker side, so we have never had that problem! LOL

Sounds like it is going to be such an awesome weekend for the two of you. Hope you guys have a ton of fun.

Okay just have to say im in the gym boat as gymnastbeth and Azgymmiemom- i have 2 older brothers and a twin brother!! SOmetimes you just have to get away! Life can be really hectic with themlol.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back