WAG So excited I'm coming back!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnast4

Hi everyone!

I am just so excited that I thought I had to share it on CB. After 2 months off and 3 weeks in a walking boot, I get to start practicing again! The best part is that I am starting in the Xcel program which they are just starting at my gym! I cant wait to get back in the gym and get all my skills back! It would be cool if other people shared their experiences with making great recoveries and coming back to gymnastics. :)

I sprained my wrist AND ankle on a nasty and very scary fall while doing an overshoot(I think that's what it was) a few years ago.
I had lots of power, before I let go of the bar, my toes clipped it, but I still kept going. Then, I lost momentum, but tried to go over the low bar and land on my feet (I don't know what I was thinking), I tried to get power back, and I did, but to much, and I flew over the bar, totally missing it, and falling on my face, and my wrist was right near my face, so that's how that happened. Then, when the rest of my body came down, I rolled my ankle on the ground, and it bent the wrong way.

My wrist never did and never will completely heal, I wear a support on it for floor and vault.
My ankle is fine now, thankfully.
For the next two months, I came to the gym and conditioned, a lot. Also, I helped my teammates with perfecting routines by watching them and telling them how to fix some small mistakes. I also watched the little girls, they really liked that:)
Then, for the next month, I could train light skills on a trampoline and tumble track, tumble and dismount into the pit, and condition more. However, still no vault. So, I was happy to train some small skills. Gymnastics is gymnastics. I didn't get the thrill of fear for another month.
Then, a month and a half later, I could come back full-time with a fancy support and a brace for my ankle.
Then, within a few months, I just wore a tiger paw and nothing on my ankle.
Then, I lived happily ever after.

I forgot, it took me forever to get over my fear of that skill. I still get nervous about it sometimes. But, my coach really helped me through that funk:)

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back