So it sounds like a lot of people are going to Sand Dollar/Whitlow

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Geoffrey Taucer

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Gymnast
How about a big Chalkbucket meetup sometime that weekend? Say all us chalkbucketeers agree on a time and place and get lunch together or something?

I will be combining DD meet with a vacation for DS, DD and myself, so when she in not competing we will be doing Disney.

Barb

Woo-hoo, I'm in! It might be hard to figure out a meeting time, tho! Here is the link to the tentative schedule they have posted. My dd will be competing Friday, Gym D, either Session 1 or 2. We will make time to meet up w/ you all, whenever it works out!

Yay!:p

There is a chance that DD could follow in session 3 on Friday, we will have to see how things work out.

Barb

Looks like one of my boys is competing Friday night, one Saturday afternoon, and I'm competing Saturday night.

Bumping this up to ask those that have been to this meet before, will there be Disney transportation running from All Star Sports to the Wide World of Sports, my daughter is competing at 0800 on Friday am and I am wondering if I should just plan on taking a cab from the resort.

Barb

We attended last year.

Definately plan on taking a cab! From the resorts, you would needs to take a bus to the transportation center at Disney, and then you can take a bus to Wide World of Sports complex. Check with the resort, they can probably call for you. It takes a while to get checked in, so leave plenty of time. You need to check your gymnast in, and then wait in line to buy your ticket. Your dd will need to wait with you, since buying the ticket is outside the facility.

Not sure what level your dd is, but I heard last year they gave ALL the L4's a medal at the end.

Have fun. I'll be in FL that weekend also, but will be on west coast visiting in-laws.

Thank you flippersmom.

I do think that I will make sure to get her registered the night before. Since I did read that one of the hubs to WWoS was thru the Disney Studios and I wanted to go to Fantasmic on Thursday night we will leave the park to get there at 5 then return for Fantasmic. I normally would not worry about going to Fantasmic except that is the only night show that we have never seen, and it is only offered twice while we are there and we have other plans the second night that it is offerred.

Also that is nice to hear that all the Level 4 receive a medal. That is DD level.
Barb

Barb,

You do not want to miss Fantasmic. It is our favorite show at Disney. You really need to be there at least one hour before the show to get a seat especially since they are only showing it twice a week. It could take you over an hour to go to WWS and get back to HS depending on the buses. I would just take a cab a little earlier to the meet.

I am actually thinking of trying to move up our dining reservations when we get in, have lunch, catch a cab to WWOS to be there a little before 5pm, cab it back to HS and go right to Fantasmic. It is going to be hard enough getting DD ready in the morning considering 8 am is really 7am WI time.

Thanks for the info.

Barb

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back