Parents So Proud of Dd

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

E

Ex member

I am really proud of my dd today after her session, she didn't learn any new skills. Dd had a fall of the high beam when she feel on one of her leaps, she feel badly and ended up hurting herself, she cried a little and then carried on working on the low beam (coaches suggestion), dd told her coach that she had a headache and belly ache but wanted to stay in the gym. Dd carried on for a little while longer and then felt bad enough to sit out and watch, dd came out at break time and said she still felt sick so she stayed out, her coach came out and spoke to us and was really nice to dd and said she hoped that dd felt better soon and that she would see her soon.

Dd watched her team mates while we were waiting for my eldest dd and she said that she really wanted to be in the gym but she still felt sick. When we got home and dd was getting undresses I notice a few marks and sratches along dd's spine from where she fell, this is her first injury in her new group and I am really proud of her for trying to carry on as the beam is something she has always being afraid of. Dd seemed her normal self when we got home and said she felt better except that she has a sore back from where she hurt it. Dd's coach thinks the sick feeling came from when she had her fall but I didn't want to take any chances with bugs going round.

Bravo to her! Yes, I am in awe of the resiliency and courage of these young gymnasts. My daughter is only 4, but I saw her go to her class one day after struggling with a bad stomachache all day. I could tell she was "off", but she made it through the whole hour. She loves it so much. On the other hand, while a bruise (or ten) doesn't bother her, she always needs a bandaid for hangnails. :)

She loves it so much. On the other hand, while a bruise (or ten) doesn't bother her, she always needs a bandaid for hangnails. :)

Sounds just like my dd, she always wants a bandaid for hangnails lol, my dd refused pain meds the night she hurt her back. My dd is saying how much she loves her class and how far she has come with her strength and flexibility since moving out of rec, she is now saying that some of the conditioning exercises are getting to easy.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back