WAG Soak wash for leotards?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Sminty

Proud Parent
Anyone tried using the new rinse-free detergents (such as Soak or Eucalan) to wash leos? They are advertised as being safe for delicates so it sounds like they could be a good alternative, but wondering if anyone has experience.

Following up, in case anyone's interested. I bought a bottle of (unscented) Soak and tried it out on 1) a "plain" spandex workout leo, 2) warmups and (after working up the nerve), 3) a comp leo with mystique fabric, light and dark colors, and lots of bling. I pretty much followed the directions on the bottle, using 1 tsp in a sinkful of cold water and soaking for ~20 min while occasionally swishing the garments around, then squeezing out the water and rolling in a towel before air drying.

It worked great! I was happy to skip the extra rinsing step, so I am definitely going to be using this method in the future.

Regular work out Leos I always threw in my regular wash (inside out) with the delicates.... no hand washing, no special soap, and I hung them to dry...18 years and no destroyed leos....with the competition leo, I felt I should stick it in a lingerie bag, inside out, in the same type of wash, and hung to dry...again, no mishaps. I don't like to make extra work for myself and I washed all sorts of leos over the years....velvet, shiny, mystique, jeweled, mesh....same routine.

^^^^ us as well. All in the washer and dryer.

Exception comp Leo and warm up no dryer. New Leo if we ever get it has bling so probably do that on delicate.

Forgot to mention our washer has no agitator

I just tried Soak on the competition leo (mystique + mesh + bling) and warm-ups, which I had previously been hand-washing in Ivory Snow. Much easier and they came out great.

We wash leos in the machine with regular laundry. I hang them to dry, my dh throws them in the dryer. Never had a leo mishap.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back