Social Group Re-creation

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Any news on the Xcel group? I realize this is a bear of a job and appreciate your work in keeping the forum going and getting the groups back!

If our lovely mods are busy, I'd be more than happy to help invite people back to the Xcel group. I'm really active in there and have lots of time on my hands in the evenings. If it's just that the tech side of stuff is tons of work, I'll patiently wait.

I've been a moderator on a lot of boards, and to a one, the people who owned/ran the back end barely found it to be worth the trouble. So thank you for this awesome place!

Done... join at will...

https://www.chalkbucket.com/forums/forums/xcel.263/

Are all groups open-join like this now? There was no approval period, just click join and you’re in.

No... only the ones that had that setting before. Basically... it is up to the person that creates the group to choose how they want the group to be setup. I am restoring the groups back to the exact settings that they had before.

No... only the ones that had that setting before. Basically... it is up to the person that creates the group to choose how they want the group to be setup. I am restoring the groups back to the exact settings that they had before.
Gotcha! I hadn’t realized it was an open group before. Shows how much attention I paid! Ha!

Gotcha! I hadn’t realized it was an open group before. Shows how much attention I paid! Ha!

I think there were a couple of groups that changed to "open" as time went on... that may have been one of them... not sure though. The group "creator" had the power to change this setting in the old system... now it's the group "owner".

Hi, and thanks for all your work. I can re-invite everyone to the NCAA Parents group - it's a small new group, so there's not much there yet. I realize it might not be high priority since it's not a big group yet, but maybe that means it will be easy to move over? Whatever works for you.

I now have all of the actual groups setup and the threads all moved over to them. Only 1/2 of the groups have all of their former members invited back... that is still being worked on.

It looks like we are going to have to create some new rules with the social groups as way too many of the groups are going dead as the initial group creators haven't been around in quite some time. As we move forward we are either going to have to be much stricter on social group rules by deleting them quicker... or we are going to have to give the ChalkBucket moderation staff powers to moderate the social groups in the absence of the groups owner/creator.

I now have all of the actual groups setup and the threads all moved over to them. Only 1/2 of the groups have all of their former members invited back... that is still being worked on.

It looks like we are going to have to create some new rules with the social groups as way too many of the groups are going dead as the initial group creators haven't been around in quite some time. As we move forward we are either going to have to be much stricter on social group rules by deleting them quicker... or we are going to have to give the ChalkBucket moderation staff powers to moderate the social groups in the absence of the groups owner/creator.

I used to go in and message the group , and have encouraged new social group mods along the way. But under the old solftware you could only delete a group that had no messages, that made deleting groups way too cumbersome. But I have deleted quite a few that really only ever had one or two posts.

I felt like 3 months of inactivity was when I would go in and wave a flag. 6 months and it needed to go.

Went to look, and I can no longer see in the social groups, so cannot help you out with joining or adding a new mod. Sorry.

I am having the same issue with Region 5 too -- membership awaiting approval -- but not sure who the mod is for that group

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back