Parents Sometime I wish DD would just sit still!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gwenmom

Proud Parent
She is ALWAYS moving! She trains 12 hours a week as a 7 year old and you would think it would tire her out. She is driving me crazy!!! Anyone else have a DD that is this way?

That's only 3 or 4 days a week. That's the problem with gymnastics. Never enough hours.

All the time! My DD is 10 and trains 16 hours a week. She'll go workout for 4 hours, come eat lunch, the play with the neighborhood kids for another 5+ hours! And those 5 hours are pretty much all outdoor fun, bikes, scooters, trampoline , not video games and tv. I sure wish I had half her energy!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using ChalkBucket mobile app

...you would think it would tire her out.

Nope. My 8 yr old did 16 hours, and is in a constant state of motion. Starting tomorrow she moves to 25 hours. i'm hoping she'll fall asleep earlier than 10pm now, but not expecting less activity :)

Enjoys this, guys....cause my DD is now 13, and this isn't a problem anymore! Don't get me wrong, she trains hard and isn't a couch potato, but she is definitely less "active" than when she was younger!

My girl is like that, too. She can't just sit down. If she's watching a show she likes, she's got to be doing pushups or handstands while doing it. Going for a walk? Nope, have to sprint. Etc.

Enjoys this, guys....cause my DD is now 13, and this isn't a problem anymore! Don't get me wrong, she trains hard and isn't a couch potato, but she is definitely less "active" than when she was younger! 

Mine too. She is 12, training 25 hours a week in the summer and 20 during the school year, and while she still seems to have energy for running around with friends or hiking/bike riding with my husband, she just doesn't do as many handstands in the living room or crazy swinging on the chin-up bar anymore. The call of "Minecraft" on her kindle or HGTV on the TV have become more compelling. I don't restrict her screen-time too much because she IS so active, and because I know she won't have time to rot her brain once school starts again, but I do kind of miss handstands in the living room or that "thwacking" sound the pull-up bar makes when she grabs it in a running leap.

Our girls have two warm up floors before gym. One has our teenagers and one has our younger girls. The younger ones are always jumping around and playing tag before warmup, full of boundless energy, while the teenagers lay on the floor and veg. All those teenagers used to be on the little girl floor...things do change:)

My 6.5 yo DD is training 15 hours a week, and never stops moving. She barely ever walks - she runs/leaps/cartwheels, etc. Anywhere there is room to flip, she does. I've even had to stop her from trying to tumble in the grocery store and church.

My 9.5 yo DD used to be like that - tumbling around everywhere, a little ball of energy. She is starting to lose some of that, though. Only an occasional random flip. :) She is training 20 hours, and is starting to get to the point where she mostly leaves it in the gym. (Though she still loves to choreograph her future optional routines in the yard while I "judge". Lol!)

She is ALWAYS moving! She trains 12 hours a week as a 7 year old and you would think it would tire her out. She is driving me crazy!!! Anyone else have a DD that is this way?

sounds good to me! :)

Yep, mine's 12 and training 28 hrs during the summer. She's definitely outgrown the 'constantly moving' phase. It doesn't last forever but I think we've all been through it with the younger ones!

My dd is 11 and trains twelve hours, she loves tv. But, she still uses the furniture as her personal training gym.:what:

Sent from my SCH-R720 using ChalkBucket mobile app

My dd is 11 and trains twelve hours, she loves tv. But, she still uses the furniture as her personal training gym.:what:

Sent from my SCH-R720 using ChalkBucket mobile app

TV watching is usually done while practicing bridges, cartwheels, handstands and forward rolls when I get sick of watching TV with feet flying thru the picture

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back