Off Topic Songs That Give You A Headache

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

There was formerly a thread like this but it was closed down because of inappropriate content. So this is a new one that you can talk about songs that give you a headache. All posts must be in-line with the Chalk Bucket Rules, with no "killing" motives. Thank you!

"the Jonas brothers. I'm apparently the only person who thinks that, but they're AWFUL!"
- i totally agree with I-Heart-Beam that The Jonahs Brothers are terrible and exremely annoying. haha. My friend is completely obsessed with them and i really don't understand. And in my opinion they are really not as good looking as people claim they are.

"Carrie Underwood. I'll admit, girl is pretty and the songs are deceptively upbeat but the lyrics :confused:

A lot of country actually."

- and i totally have to disagree with GymDog! I love country! And Carrie Underwood is basically my hero! she's AMAZING. aha...I'm even pretty sure my floor music is going to be to the country song "Let's get roudy" this year (not sure who sings it, but it's one of my coaches favorite songs)..

Ok that's all :)

Disney, in general is annoying. Just the same tunes, lyrics, meaning, and sound. James Blunt is really awful. Simple Plan is also bad. A bunch of 20 year-olds with baby faces singing about their parents. Yeah, that's bad.

And I don't really see what anyone see's in the Disney crew. There nothing special, nothing exiciting, they're actually really boring.

Last edited:
Anything with really high pitch or a lot of different noises (if that makes sense). When I'm wearing my hearing aids and someone is listening to a song like that (especially on the radio) it gives all sorts of weird feedback, usually in the screetchy way. Too many different sounds get interpreted like background noise with my hearing aids and end up doing the same thing, a loud, screetching, fuzzy feed back noise. It really does give me a headache and I have to turn them off most of the time.

My mom and godfather listen to a lot of classic rock with a lot of bass. I like listening to that with my hearing aids. It can be on really loud, I get a good feel of the bass, and it usually doesn't mess with my hearing aids too bad. Same goes with rap. Some of the girls on my cheer squad listen to it, and I like the bass and the beat.

You know what really gets under my skin - when you are driving next to someone who has the bass so loud that your whole car vibrates - it makes my head feel like it is going to explode.

You know what really gets under my skin - when you are driving next to someone who has the bass so loud that your whole car vibrates - it makes my head feel like it is going to explode.
I know, it makes my teeth vibrate, and I don't even have dentures....yet!

I really, really hate the Counting Crows.

The worst ever is "The Christmas Shoes." I don't know how to describe my hatred for that song.

Wings's "Band on the Run." Oh, PAUL.

ha ha that's probably me! when i'm driving around alone i like to blast rap music as loud as i can so i can feel the bass. it drives my mom wild when i forget to change it when i'm done using the car.

I hate "Christmas Shoes" too. That is the most annoying song. It always plays on the radio around christmas time too and I hate it.

I hate "Christmas Shoes" too. That is the most annoying song. It always plays on the radio around christmas time too and I hate it.
That one probably bothers me the most, around Christmas time it is always on every station all the time!

EVERYTHING John Mayer, whiny, emo, etc

Colby Callait (don't know if I spelled that right) Something about bubbles and nose tickling but I can't get past that because I'm put to sleep.

*****cat Dolls...if I said what I wanted to about them I'd get banned from the forums. They need to put some clothes on and try using big girl words in their lyrics.

The disney batch of pop tartlets...everything has already been said there.

Jessica Simpson- Terrible pop star that doesn't need to 'go country' just because her man is from Texas. Reinventing yourself based off of your boyfriend is fail. Why do I think this? Because she can't start a song without blubbering about that and the fact that she's actually totally originally like from the lone star state. GO COWBOYS *teehee* I'm dating Tony Romo now here's a song for y'all....oy.

Jennifer Lopez...'jenny from the block' and 'my love don't cost a thing' must be written from parallel universe Jennys life. Her backstage demands and self admitted celebrity must-have oddities defy belief in her songs, and are therefore pointless. I doubt she writes her own songs, so her handlers should first get a clue before tossing a song her way.

That's all I can think of on the fly.

EVERYTHING John Mayer, whiny, emo, etc

YES! I thought of how much I dislike him when I heard "Waiting on the World to Change" the other day. Worst song ever. It's on Amnesty's Instant Karma too, I mean that is kind of a demoralizing choice, yeah I don't get that.

Katy Perry. Okay, "I Kissed a Girl" was a little catchy at first, and I somehow know all the words (how has this come to pass?) but her cover of "Use Your Love" or whatever the title of that song is was almost painful.

Avril Lavigne. It's all the same song by now. Actually I am kind of starting to feel the same way about Natasha Bedingfield.

And it's officially time to let "Bleeding Love" GO ALREADY. I heard that song before it started playing in the US and it was all right, but that was forever ago by now.

I hate John Mayer, too. Here's a good point from a friend of mine:

I used to love "Breathe Your Name" by Sixpence None the Richer until I realized it was about God, not a lover. Then it just creeped me out.

The same can be said for pretty much any Christian Contemporary cross-over song that's unclear on whether it refers to the deity you worship or the person you're sleeping with (or, as CCM tends to be very conservative, would like to be sleeping with once you're married). I know these artists are trying to appeal to a mainstream audience and sell more records, but seriously, you're either writing a song about God or a song about romance. Make up your mind.

I hate John Mayer, too. Here's a good point from a friend of mine:

I used to love "Breathe Your Name" by Sixpence None the Richer until I realized it was about God, not a lover. Then it just creeped me out.

The same can be said for pretty much any Christian Contemporary cross-over song that's unclear on whether it refers to the deity you worship or the person you're sleeping with (or, as CCM tends to be very conservative, would like to be sleeping with once you're married). I know these artists are trying to appeal to a mainstream audience and sell more records, but seriously, you're either writing a song about God or a song about romance. Make up your mind.
Well, you'd better not watch a few of my dd's videos, b/c I use some of this music for them! I figure the messages from the songs are more motivational in general, and I am trying to keep my 12 yr old listening to as much positive/clean stuff as possible while I can still inlulence her.

You know the saying "garbage in, garbage out---'g.i.g.o.'"! Just trying to keep her from having too much garbage running around in her brain, as she is also partial to this crazy hip-hop stuff!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back