Off Topic Songs That Make You Stabby

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What songs bring out the "MUST STAB NOW!!!" in you?

I think my most-hated song is "The Christmas Shoes." It's overly sappy, it's got an obnoxious children's chorus, and in general it makes me want to kick something small and furry.

I learned the other day that it's been 14 years and I still HATE Hootie & the Blowfish.

Anything by bands like Simple Plan or My Bloody Valentine or whatever that do nothing but whine. You are thirty-year-old white males. Stop complaining about how mom & dad are "mean."

There are plenty more. What bugs you?

---------------- Now playing: Carla Bruni - L’amour via FoxyTunes

Carrie Underwood. I'll admit, girl is pretty and the songs are deceptively upbeat but the lyrics :confused:

A lot of country actually.

That reminds me. Hinder's "Lips of an Angel."

" "And I never wanna say goodbye
But girl you make it hard to be faithful." ...

BAAAAAAAAND ON THE RUN - ohmygod maybeifIjamaknittingneedleinmyearitwillend. Oh, PAUL.

Can't stand Neil Diamond or America (the band, not the country).

Anything by Celine Dion, and I'm from Quebec. My bro and I call her Sea Lion Dyin', she is just too precious for worlds. I am sure the locals here would lynch me if the knew.

John Mayer - I can't stand any of his songs - I can't change the station fast enough when he comes on. I just find him whiny.

I also can't stand Mariah Carey -her high pitch squeals give me an instant headache.

I know I have plenty more - those are the 2 that jump out at me for now.

I HATE "Christmas Shoes". I turn on the radio during Christmas and THAT'S playing, and I'm like "Let me smash you..." Carly Patterson (hate me if you want) she just sounds like every other Disney star, Kellie Pickler (YUCK!), anything from the '60s, anything Disney, Jessica Simpson (she literally sounds like she's squealing her songs out), Britney Spears (need I say more), and so many others....I also hate "A Wonderful Christmas Time". Bugs me to know end...Gosh, that was long but trust me....it could have been longer. :D

the Jonas brothers. I'm apparently the only person who thinks that, but they're AWFUL!

And Oasis and Coldplay are a load of crap as well.

I HATE "Christmas Shoes". I turn on the radio during Christmas and THAT'S playing, and I'm like "Let me smash you..." Carly Patterson (hate me if you want) she just sounds like every other Disney star, Kellie Pickler (YUCK!), anything from the '60s, anything Disney, Jessica Simpson (she literally sounds like she's squealing her songs out), Britney Spears (need I say more), and so many others....I also hate "A Wonderful Christmas Time". Bugs me to know end...Gosh, that was long but trust me....it could have been longer. :D
I'm with you on Carly. YAWN.

I liked Coldplay better when they were U2.
~Triumph the Insult Comic Dog

Bog, I know a few Quebeckers (Quebequois? I don't speak French other than swearing) who express the same sentiments.

Last edited:
Anything by Miley Cyrus. She is the absolute epitome of cheesy, annoying, shallow, pointless Disneypop.

Since U Been Gone by Kelly Clarkeson is so generic and uninspired in every way that it could have been written by a computer program.

Everything I've heard from Modest Mouse has annoyed me; they're essentially a pop band that markets themselves as indy because it's the only way they can sell records. I remain to be convinced that there is anybody in the world who genuinely likes their music; people just pretend to like them feel cool and tell people they listen to indy music.

Everything by Cold Play. All their songs are essentially identical. Same 3-3-2 beat count, same bland tonal pallette. Repetetive melodies completely devoid of anything interesting. I cannot think of anything that does a better job of exemplifying blandness.

EDIT: I'll add some more:

Rage against the Machine. Generic band that tries to seem "edgy" by overloading their music with noise and singing generic, empty anti-establishment lyrics. Most of their songs sound like they took about four seconds to write.

All popular hip-hop. I want to clarify here: there is such a thing as good hip-hop. Just don't expect to hear any on hit music stations. It's not just the lyrics that I don't like (it's hardly news that popular hiphop artists are incapable of writing about anything further away than the nearest mirror -- or the nearest booty); I also hate the fact that there's about three seconds of actual composed music in most of these songs. The backing beat is generally 3 seconds of music looped for the duration of the song with zero variation.

Last edited:
Since U Been Gone by Kelly Clarkeson is so generic and uninspired in every way that it could have been written by a computer program.
I actually really like that song. :D

I liked Coldplay better when they were U2.

I didn't know Coldplay used to be U2???!!!! Gosh, I LOVED U2. Kinda....

the Jonas brothers. I'm apparently the only person
who thinks that, but they're AWFUL!

Right on about that. They're SO overrated!

No, dear. ;) Coldplay just sounds like a U2 ripoff.

ANYTHING by the Counting Crows. Stabby, stabby, die, die, die.

Nickelback/Creed/whatever - are you telling me that not only is there more than one song, it's multiple bands?:eek:

What songs bring out the "MUST STAB NOW!!!" in you?

Am I the only one that finds this sort of terminology inappropriate for this sort of board?

Sure, I can go and read another thread but am rather concerned about some of our younger members.

I do like this thread...but the killing concept bothers me a bit. I have to admit, I really didn't understand the "stabbing" thing.

I am going to close this thread...if someone would like to start a new one with a title like...

Songs that give you a headache

or

Songs that stink

....feel free.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back