Parents Sorry if it's been asked before... Annual cost of coach's fees? (booster and non)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

josie55

Proud Parent
I searched the archives and couldn't find an answer to this specific question, so hoping you can help:

I am wondering what people pay at various gyms specifically for coaches' fees for meets. So if you think of tuition, meet registration fees, your own travel, uniforms, etc. separate, how much do you pay for coaches to be at the meets with your gymnast? I am thinking that this would include travel, per diem, stipend or whatever else goes into it.

I don't need to know how much the coaches actually get paid or how their reimbursements are calculated (I think that's covered on another thread) but I'm wondering how much the parents pay for this each season.

I would love to know the following: (a) annual/seasonal cost for this; (b) compulsory vs. optionals; (c) boys vs. girls; and (d) boosters vs. non-boosters. If you can include whether you are from an expensive or inexpensive part area that would be awesome, also.

Thank you in advance!!

We've paid at each gym my kids have competed, always per season always girls:

$0 (Xcel)- no booster
$100 (Xcel)- no booster
$2200 (compulsories)- booster
$2000 (optionals)- booster
$600 (optionals)- no booster
$0 (T&T)- no booster
$0 (T&T)- no booster
$0 (rhythmic)- no booster

And I don't know yet for her new team (it has a booster and we are still talking optionals) but I'm hoping not like the crazy one.

ETA- that first T&T one actually paid us for home meets, a couple times in cash and others as a tuition credit. That was the best ever volunteering! Ha!

Thank you! One more question: If anyone has experience at an elite gym -- or even one that consistently sends kids to easterns/westerns and nationals, and can share from that perspective, that would be great, also.

Were charged about $100-$115 per meet so I'm guessing after you deduct the actual meet cost about $30 of that is coaches fees.

Other than attire, that's our only cost outside of monthly tuition, which is ~$350 for optional girls. Compulsories wasn't really much less.

•no booster
•big gym sending girls to nationals and have about 5 current D1 commits (youngish gym so just now reaching that point)
•no Elite yet, but may be dipping toe in it

We are at a medium sized (growing every year though) that sends girls to nationals and have 3 current division 1 commits I believe. We pay $170 total at level 3 and the optionals pay $380 for coaches fees. No booster club.

Thank you! One more question: If anyone has experience at an elite gym -- or even one that consistently sends kids to easterns/westerns and nationals, and can share from that perspective, that would be great, also.
Used to be at an elite gym...
Coaches fees - $700
Meet fees - $800
Equipment Fees - $200
Assessment Fee - $300
Gym registration fee - $50
(And none of this included the USAG fee, leo/uniform/bag etc. fees)

We had a booster club.

I should also add this is for a lower level, without TOPs

The fees go up as the levels get higher, and there are extra fees if they are in the TOPS/HOPES/Elite programs

I'm not exactly sure how it's figured at my gym. We will hopefully be an elite gym soon [emoji12], but we are the only gym in our rural area.
Our gym goes to about 25 meets per year, including all compulsory, invitational, and qualifiers. Coaches also attend camps at the ranch several times a year. I think they take all of their expected expenses throughout the year and divide it up by the number of 'expected' registering gymnasts. We have about 60 girls on our teams. So for instance, let's say our coaches plan on attending 10 compulsory meets, 10 invitationals, and 5 qualifiers & they figures they will probably need $20k for travel for the year. They expect all 40 compulsory girls to attend about 8 of the compulsory meets but not any of the invitational meets. They expect for the optional girls, 15, to attend about 6 of the optional meets. Then they have about 5 girls that will go to each of the 5 qualifiers. Expenses go like this: about $3000 for compulsories, $7000 for invitationals, and $10k for qualifiers. IF they divided expenses by team, this would be $10 coach fee per meet per gymnast, $80 per invitational meet per gymnast, and $400 per qualifier per gymnast; however, if they divided all expenses up among the entire team, this is about $50 per gymnast per meet. If the amount of actual expenses exceeds the allocated amount, then they just deal with it and use the knowledge for next year's calculations. If the amount of actual expenses is less, they use the amount for new or updating equipment.

Ok. I have a boy who competed L9 last year. We did 4 local, 2 travel, state, and regionals (out of state) last year. Our coaches' fees were $500, our coach travel fees were $600. This did not include nationals which added $770 in coach/travel. SO last year, for coach expenses only, we paid $1870. We do have a booster club that is not associated with the gym.

Our coaches fees are $350/season, levels 3-10. We don't have a booster club, and go to between 8-11 meets per season.

I'm not sure what the coaches are paid but they are paid through our booster club. We are a medium sized gym in the Midwest with 5 D1 recruits over the past 5 or so years and just starting with the elite route. Just had 3 girls qualify in TOPS to go to testing at the ranch.

At a gym with elites...
$400/mo for half the year to include meet fees and coach travel.
Previous gym was required $600/yr "fundraising" plus meet fees ($50-$150/meet times 5-8 meets).
Also, our tuition is about 40% more now.

Gym east coast. Some d1 athletes and some national members of other countries.

For level 6 and up booster fees are 150.00 a month for 8 or 9 months depending on how much is raised at the home meet.

So I realized I wasn't entirely clear!! Our coaches fees are $170/month for 7 months so $1190...I wasn't thinking when I posted earlier! Our optionals pay $2660

We pay 4 payments of $150/month for compulsories. Optionals pay more, but I don't know the exact amount. This does not include meet fees which are around $70-80/meet. This is a fairly large, non elite gym that does send girls to nationals and has produced D1 gymnasts.

No boosters.

Per meet for the coaches. The session fee per coach, plus their travel expenses. Divided up by the # of gymnasts per session. Typically comes to about 30-50 per meet if local. 100-125 if there is an overnight involved. Per gymnast.

I'm so thankful now for our booster club!!! We don't pay any meet fees or coaches fees, our hope is to eventually raise enough money to be able to pay the USAG yearly fees for all of our team gymnasts as well.

Reactions: sce
I'm so thankful now for our booster club!!! We don't pay any meet fees or coaches fees, our hope is to eventually raise enough money to be able to pay the USAG yearly fees for all of our team gymnasts as well.

It is nice! Our booster club can pay for all meet fees, coach fees, coach travel, gymnast travel, USAG, uniform and camp fees righ tnow. It makes it very nice!

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back