Parents South State Bound!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymMom67

Proud Parent
Judge
We had our district championships tonight. My DD had the best meet she has ever had! She scored 9.4 on vault (2nd place), 9.325 on bars (5th place), 9.275 on beam (7th place), and 9.25 on floor (15th place), for a total of 37.25 all around. She placed 7th all around and qualified to South State! That was her main goal for the whole season. She is Level 3, and South State is as far as they can go at that level in our state.

great job! And you are in a tough area!! An AA like that around here I'm pretty sure would put her in the top 3!!

You must be in a really competitive state or a super high scoring state!! An AA like that around here is sure to put you on top of the podium. Congrats to her! Have fun at state!!

We're in Texas. Competition is tough here. My DD heard a rumor that WOGA would be at South State, and panicked. LOL I told her I am fairly positive they go to North State, so she doesn't need to worry about them this year. :)

GymMom76- congrats to your daughter! We are going to North State and WOGA WILL be there! My 7-year old level 3 is excited, though, to go up against girls from some of the bigger gyms and just to be part of that kind of a competition. She might not place as high as she is used to but will have fun trying.

Good luck to your daughter at South State in a few weeks! You'll have to let us know how she did.

GymMom76- congrats to your daughter! We are going to North State and WOGA WILL be there! My 7-year old level 3 is excited, though, to go up against girls from some of the bigger gyms and just to be part of that kind of a competition. She might not place as high as she is used to but will have fun trying.

Good luck to your daughter at South State in a few weeks! You'll have to let us know how she did.

Good luck to your DD, too! I was just telling my husband this weekend that it's tough anywhere in Texas, but at least we're not in DFW, where we have to compete against gyms like WOGA and Texas Dreams. We lived in Ft. Worth for a long time and my kids were all actually born there, so it was a real possibility that we might have lived there forever!

We are in the same district as WOGA, no need to panic. Their compulsory girls are on the same level as everyone else. They may have one or two girls that are outstanding but for the most part they're like all the other teams. I've also noticed that DFW gymnast switch gym from year to year. Don't know why but some girls do leave the big name gyms. I know one girl who left Texas Dreams after winning a state championship and I look for her to win it again this year in the new L4. I just really wish our gym would adopt WOGA's sparkly warm up suits!

It's going to be so fun just to be there!

My daughter is just excited about the pink leos they get :)

And, really, she's had a great season and will do fine there. It is just a different group of girls and will be a lot of fun to watch.

It's going to be so fun just to be there!

My daughter is just excited about the pink leos they get :)

And, really, she's had a great season and will do fine there. It is just a different group of girls and will be a lot of fun to watch.

Mine claims she "isn't a girly girl" (while she's wearing all kinds of bling), so she wasn't happy when she saw that the leo was going to be pink. LOL I know she'll wear it proudly, though!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back