Off Topic spare time?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

But if you are my math teacher reading this cuz you suddenly decided to join a gymnastics site ooh maybe I inspired you to join the sweet sport of gymnastics! Its ok i'm not complaining i love it!

Maybe I'm just in a goofy mood, but that made me laugh so hard I almost fell out of my chair!

It made me laugh too...but I didn't quite fall out of my chair!

As for the original question about sparetime I'd just like to point out that my gymnast gf, her fav thing to do with her spare time is hang out with me! Yay!

And I do my HW in homeroom a lot of the time. If I have too much (just about all the time) then I do as much as I have to so I have just enough left for homeroom the next day! But on occasion I'll do HW in other classes when I get bored....govt./econ. puts me to sleep and its right before math so sometimes I save math HW for then.

I love how everyone is like.... spare time, what is that? Because that is so true, for me as well.

I'm not quite sure how anyone keeps a bf or gf when their in a high level of sport, because there is just not enough free time. We are either practicing, too tired from practicing to do anything, at a competition, or at school. I do homework in my "spare time".

On saturdays after practice I try and hang out with my friends though, but my spare time mostly involves catching up on homework, or getting ahead before I get behind. I love talking on AIM and just being on the computor in general though, that's why i'm glad a lot of homework involves computors now. For instance i'm typing up a research paper right now... sorta taking a break though. hahaha.

glad to make you guys laugh. lol. its true tho. shes like the coolest teacher you will ever meet but like we can convince her to move our test to another day, to not give us homework or to let us study for another test. idk its really coool. haha. but yea im in 8th grade so i dont have as much hw as all of you do.....
and i don't study like at all. ill study for a test for like 10 minutes. thats really bad. fortunitely im not doing bad this year i have all A's like lowest grade was a 93 thats like A-? but ill def have to study next year more and not just like 10 minutes at home then cram in class so next year if u ever see me on here during the school week tell me to get off!!!

I'm not quite sure how anyone keeps a bf or gf when their in a high level of sport, because there is just not enough free time. We are either practicing, too tired from practicing to do anything, at a competition, or at school. I do homework in my "spare time".

Yeah, dating someone who's at the gym 20-something hours a week isn't easy! My gf and I make it work though because we both want it to work. We started going out when there was no school so it seemed easy enough. But when school started up again it was really hard because we hardly had any free time anymore. Her gym friends told her she should break up with me so she wasn't spending all her free time with me, and my friends told me I should break up with her because what fun is it to have a gf that you can hardly ever see?

Its hard when we make plans to do something on a Friday night and she ends up being too tired to hang out when the time comes. And there have been rough spots in the relationship. I think we both understand that compromising is what makes it work though. And I know she understands that I don't want her to compromise on her involvement in gymnastics, since I know its something she loves to do and I know she has to commit to it. And she certainly knows that there are things I'm involved in that I don't want to give up either. The key thing is to make the most of the time we do spend together, and enjoy the special occasions (like prom). And of course I'm much more understanding of what she does now that she's taught me so much about gym. Last week she taught me how to do a backhandspring...yea that is what we end up doing when we hang out, LOL!

So pretty much, its possible to maintain a relationship but not easy. If we didn't see each other in school a lot (since we have many of the same classes), live really close to each other, or weren't really good friends first, or if she was like an elite gymnast, then things probably would have been different.

So now I'm curious. What do other people think about having a bf/gf while your in gymnastics?

This is interesting. My sadie's date asked me why I didn't have a b/f. I said it was partially because I haven't found someone I really liked, but I also said whoever it was would have to be really willing to deal with my crazy life. Besides gym, I have track right now, plus work, and maintaining all my school work. I need someone who can deal with that. I found a guy I really liked last year, but it just didn't work out, because of everything going on.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back