Speeding up my tumbling lines

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I got told at gymnastics yesterday that my round off flip sault is not fast or high enough. I can successfully do it and not fall but its really slow and to learn other tumbles from this base tumble I need to speed it up. Its not just with back tumbling though its with front tumbling too, I am can do handspring front saults but I get told I'm going too slow therefore am doing very low front saults and barely landing them.

Any tips on how to speed up my tumbling lines would be great!!

Last edited:
I got told at gymnastics yesterday that my round off flip sault is not fast or high enough. I can successfully do it and not fall but its really slow and to learn other tumbles from this base tumble I need to speed it up. Its not just with back tumbling though its with front tumbling too, I am can do handspring front saults but I get told I'm going too slow therefore am doing very low front saults and barely landing them.

Any tips on how to speed up my tumbling lines would be great!!

I can almost guarantee this has to do with your hurdle and your lunge.

The hurdle should be long and low and (this is the part most people have trouble with) you should get in as deep and low as possible in the lunge before initiating the heel drive into the roundoff or front handspring.

With the back tumbling it will depend if you are blocking off your hands/shoulders and snapping down/through hard enough.

With the front tumbling it will depend if you are blocking from shoulders enough and where your feet are hitting the ground in relation toward your body (behind, in front, under).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back