Parents Spinoff on Childs fave event!! What is your

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Monkeygirlsmom

Proud Parent
Fave event to watch your child on???

I love to watch
DD#1 on beam
DD# 2 on bars (tho It was fun seeing her go on the vault being the smallest of all the team kids)

When she is "on" - I really like watching bars - now if only she were a little more consistent....

My favorite is probably vault though - she is really powerful on vault.

I love to watch beam, however it makes me so nervous. So I guess my answer is floor. Vault makes me nervous too. Her's is very inconsistant, sometime great, sometimes really scary. (she tied for 2nd of Vault at states for L5)

That's a tough call 'cause I really like to watch her on everything. It always amazes me that someone so young can do such incredible things. But, I guess my absolute favorite, if I had to choose, would be bars.

Ok, this will sound funny but....the beam is my favorite to watch, but my daughter's worst event. This was her first year & vault is easy, her best. Floor is Ok now that she doesn't land on her head for the ROBHS. Bars are getting better and since they are her fav I think she will eventually do much better as a L on them after that dreaded L4 mill circle. But on the beam she talks the whole time while on it, LOL. Judges LOL, her coaches LOL and of course we sit there LOL. She was only 6, and I guess it was easier for her to vocalize each and every skill as she did them. Even at states she talked the whole time. Coaches said as long as she's only talking to herself there are no deductions!

Ok, this will sound funny but....the beam is my favorite to watch, but my daughter's worst event. This was her first year & vault is easy, her best. Floor is Ok now that she doesn't land on her head for the ROBHS. Bars are getting better and since they are her fav I think she will eventually do much better as a L on them after that dreaded L4 mill circle. But on the beam she talks the whole time while on it, LOL. Judges LOL, her coaches LOL and of course we sit there LOL. She was only 6, and I guess it was easier for her to vocalize each and every skill as she did them. Even at states she talked the whole time. Coaches said as long as she's only talking to herself there are no deductions!

That is too funny! I have heard that gymnasts often have key words that they recite to themselves to get through the routines but I've never heard of one talking to herself out loud. LOL

I have to say I like floor best, hard to fall off the floor!!! Here each child has their own routine and music which makes meets a lot of fun.

I hate watching beam, it bores me silly, and they can fall off. I even finding watching elites on beam dull.

Bars I like, but each routine tends to be very similar here, so it's not to interesting. I am not sure how I'd adjust to the USAG system, totally spoilt.:cool:

My youngest is also very inconsistent on vault, she was 8th and 6th out of 32 girls at two meets, then splatted and got a zero at one meet (L4 vault). Oldest really struggles on vault as she rarely trains it due to her injuries. She gets over, but it's not pretty.

I like to watch my dd on beam & bars best. I guess because these 2 are her best events. Floor is inconsistent with her, as is vault. I'm hoping she will improve in these 2 areas.

That is too funny! I have heard that gymnasts often have key words that they recite to themselves to get through the routines but I've never heard of one talking to herself out loud. LOL

Blackie, so cute about your dd, I can't wait to see her next year!

My DD's were taught when they do their scale on beam, they should say "my name is XY and today is my birthday" for the correct amount of time to hold it. My fave event to watch are beam and floor. I love to watch my DDs on beam, both are very good at it. I love to watch floor when 2 of their teammates are performing - I say "performing" because to watch these girls, you can really tell that they are enjoying their routines and the audience's reactions.

Gymmonkeymomma,

LOL, well I hope we get to see you too next year!! I hope this next L4 season she does do better. If you read my old posts here you'll understand she's usually the team caboose. I don't expect huge scores, but I would like to see that they go up from the 32's of last year to continue and move up to L5. Tonight she had another great practice, loves to hold handstands on beam for eternity, but is *not" the performer like you mentioned you have on your DD's team. Some days I think this is not the sport for her & then she'll do something "WOW" and I think she just likes to go at her own pace....slow....but she'll get there eventually.

I like to watch her do floor the best because it is the most entertaining and the less nerve racking thing to watch. I like to see her do the beam but I get nervous watching her eventhough she has never yet fallen off the beam during competition it gives me butterflies in my stomach. The bars she had alot of difficulty getting her skills that I also get nervous she will not make it around during her mill circle. Sorry the vault is just kind of boring to watch as a level 4.

Bars is my favorite event to watch (and even better when dd is doing well), then floor. I LOVE to watch tumbling and dance is very close to my heart. I can relate to Shawn when she says how amazing it is to watch these girls do these skills.

I hold my breath when I watch any gymnast on beam. I can envision too many catastophies. And when my daughter vaults, I spend the entire time reciting my "straight legs" mantra. When she's having a good vault day she can really fly, but there are days when she looks like a frog trying to do a handstand!:rolleyes:

I love to watch DD on beam and floor. Beam is her best event and her fav. I so enjoy floor her dance is fine but tumbling is strong so it is fun. I dread bars as she had a tough year on them. Her outlook on them is looking up. Yeah!! We also got a college gymnast for the summer who competes for Southern Utah and she has been a great help to DD on bars after only 2 practices. I guess a fresh set of eyes can help sometimes. :rolleyes:

We also got a college gymnast for the summer who competes for Southern Utah and she has been a great help to DD on bars after only 2 practices. I guess a fresh set of eyes can help sometimes. :rolleyes:

I am jealous!! I think there will be some major breakthrough on bars for your DD!

Although - I will say that Beetle fixed her Giants and cast the week after her last meet, if she would have done the routine in competition she did the next week she would have been at least 3/4 of a point higher... and we would have made state.. oh well there is always next year. right? But Level 8 Bars? Cast to Hand and a change in direction?

I will say that she is turning at least one piorette on bars per practice.. and gets almost to hand in all her casts...that is a step in the right direction!

up. Yeah!! We also got a college gymnast for the summer who competes for Southern Utah and she has been a great help to DD on bars after only 2 practices. I guess a fresh set of eyes can help sometimes. :rolleyes:

Not to take this thread in another directions, but our level 10 who graduated this year will be going to Southern Utah and competing for them. Our gym may even go out to Las Vegas for a competion and make the drive to S. Utah to watch a meet.

My favorite to watch DD on is floor as tumbling is her strength. I think that this upcoming year, she may also do fairly well on beam, as that is was the first event that she got all of her level 4 skills on and is making huge improvements on.

Barb

I guess I forgot to put what my favorite events are...

DD's best event is beam, so I like that I am not real nervous watching her on beam. I like Floor too because it makes me the least nervous..

So basically whatever doesnt make me nervous.. She is a L7/8 and I still hold my breath for that silly Squat on during Bars!!

Not to take this thread in another directions, but our level 10 who graduated this year will be going to Southern Utah and competing for them. Our gym may even go out to Las Vegas for a competion and make the drive to S. Utah to watch a meet.

Hopefully the girl from your gym wil like it there. I really have not even met this coach yet but DD thinks she is so cool. When I know more about her I will let you know.

Kristilyn73: I feel your bar pain.:( I am just holding my breath and kind of trying to not ask questions about bars. I am sure beetle will put it altogether this year and be a great level 8. DD got teammates yeah!!! They seem to be a huge push for her to do better. I beleive they are the drive behind the giants because 2 of them have them already and they just came up from 6.:cool: Teamates are good at your level.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back