Parents Sportsmanship Qualities

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

L

lilgymmie7

I just wanted to post an example of great sportsmanship. DD's gym has such wonderful gymmies throughout all its teams. DD is only a level 5, and at her gym all of the level 5 and 6's are matched with a big sister from the upper levels 9's and 10's. These 'Big' sisters watch out for their little sisters at practices, etc. Whenever the little ones are having trouble, they know they can rely on their big sisters to help them. It really helps to know that these little ones are taken care of at the gym by more than just their coaches.
Well yesterday, DD's team was surprised with gifts and a talk from each of their big sisters. The level 5/6's have their first meet of the season this weekend. DD's team left the gym feeling special and very much enthused for their first meet. Even though DD will not compete until January due to her age, she can't stop chanting the cheers her big sister taught her.

What a great gym and what great display of comradarie from these girls as a whole. This makes all the long hours in the gym for all the girls so well worth it!:)

How sweet! Sounds like the gym has a well organized approach to teamwork. Those relationships within the gym take work and its nice to see the gym facilitating it.

Also, I am sure the "big sisters" enjoy the being a role model to the littles. You can bet they go home and tell their own moms how cute the little ones are and brag on how well "their little" did.

Isn't it nice? Our gym has that, too. Plus, the parents group took pictures of each of the 'sisters' together and posted them on the bulletin board so the girls would remember who they have! Olivia loves getting her Big Sister Hugs!! :)

Thank you everyone. It really is nice to see such great sportsmanship amongst the older girls and the little ones. The little ones can't help but learn to be that way as well. The gym has such a great atmosphere. I can feel it every time I walk in to pick up DD.

My daughter was so excited she got to be a big sister for the first time to one of the new level 4. They got them good luck gifts the night before their first meet. I love this idea and so did my daughter (they did not do it when she was a level 4) great idea.

Our gym does this as well! Sometimes they pair up for stretching or conditioning. Love the idea of a good luck gift before the first meet!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back