Parents Sprained ankle UPDATE

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Committed

Proud Parent
I got a call from the Dr today. She had the pediatric radiologist take a look at DDs Xrays. Apparently, DD chipped her ankle and she needs to be in a walking cast for the next 2 weeks! *sigh*

This seriously hinders her birthday party this weekend......at Bounce U. :(

What a bummer! Sending good wishes your way for quick healing!! I hope she still enjoys her birthday, poor thing!

Sorry to hear. with x rays taken with lots of swelling , it easy to miss minor fractures and chips. that's why it's always good to get a second xray a few days later in situations where they say its only a sprain. That took them a long time to get back to you, though - a week?

She got hurt Thursday night, and I got her to the Dr. on Friday afternoon. This is when she got the Xrays. The original Dr. said she didn't see any break, but she still wanted the pediatric radiologist to take a look at it on Monday. She must have thought she saw something because she told me she would call me if the radiologist saw a break.

Ok. Got it. I must have remembered wrong. I thought you had said in you're last post that it had been nearly a week of being of it. Dd had a buckle break in her wrist a few years ago. First Dr missed it but the ortho caught it. It happens. Good that there are checks/balances. Glad you got the right dx and she can heal properly now.

I'm really glad they caught it! She had started walking on it again ..... as of this morning. I think they're being a little on the cautious side, but I'd rather overdo it than regret it later.

Great..... Now it's supposed to be on 4 weeks. May 7th is the cast removal date now :(
I'm so glad I made her stay off her foot all weekend!

You know its better to be cautious and its the beginning of uptraining. It is the best time in the gymnastics calendar to have an injury. Work with her coaches on what she can do and set some goals.

Great..... Now it's supposed to be on 4 weeks. May 7th is the cast removal date now :(
I'm so glad I made her stay off her foot all weekend!
ouch... sorry to hear I thought it was odd she was only off another 2 wks with a chip. conditioning stinks but it will really help her get back to training in a few weeks... and with a chip, I would think the rehab/easing back would be less time intensive than with a break so that's good news, sort of...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back