Standing Flicks / BHS

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymgirl13

I really need 2 get my standing bhs by summer holidays. I can do it with spot but i just cant do it by myself. Is there any tips that would allow me to achieve this? :floor:

First, make sure that you get a good push off the ground with your legs. And do some on the trampoline at the gym by yourself, if the coach says your ready. Or, you could do them on a big, squishy mat with the coach standing there if they say it is okay. Just make sure you keep your arms by your ears and straight! Good luck!

lets see i got in the pool and did a kazillion. have a coach spot you doing one up onto a panel mat/four incher/eight incher so you get more power when you go back on to a flat surface. (feet on floor ahnds on mat). um tramp is a good thing always. repition is always good. hope that helps

I find that doing lots of progressions on my own really helps me. It took me a long time to get my standing backflip back but this is how I went about it:

Lots of backbend pull overs (back limbers)
Lots of preparation jumps (from standing lean backwards and jump onto back on a mat)
Lots of Donkey Kicks.

My main problem was not leaning back enough, so the preparation jumps really really helped me to get it.

I found it helped a lot to do it onto a splat mat first as the softer surface stopped my wrists from hurting too quickly!

I also did a lot off a Double mini tramp onto a safety mat. (the slope really helped with the lean) If you don't have a DMT a normal inclined trampette will do the same job!

I found that flick to 1 foot was easier, and then the flick to 2 came easier once I had that.

Other than that, really just get your coach to do less and less.

Out of interest, is there anything stopping you from doing it on your own? Fear, lack of strength, etc?

Hope some of that helps!
Marie

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back