WAG Star system to move up- normal?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kenziesmommy85

Proud Parent
Hi,

So, my daughter started at a gym where every two months they hold evaluations and do a star rating for each skill on all events plus strength and flexibility. Either 1-3 stars. Learning, attempted, mastered. 128 stars in all for her level. In order to move up you have to have all 128 stars. If you are missing even one 127 out of 128 you have to wait two months until the next evaluations. She trains three times a week, and if she gets a lower star the third practice during evaluations week they take star away as well. Anyhow, is this typical of all gyms? Now her gym does have team girls with impeccable form which I appreciate and very disciplined but it seemed semi-crazy to me that a few “2s” could really hold you back. Seems like this could cause very slow progression?

This is posted in the parent group as well. You might want to ask the mods to combine or delete one so replies go to one place

Also, the gymnastics world is a small one, not sure how much you care about being “known” but if the pict is you or close to you IRL it makes very identifiable. Just something to think about,

This is posted in the parent group as well. You might want to ask the mods to combine or delete one so replies go to one place

Also, the gymnastics world is a small one, not sure how much you care about being “known” but if the pict is you or close to you IRL it makes very identifiable. Just something to think about,

Thanks, I did try to delete it but couldn’t see how? And I changed my avatar, thanks!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back