Off Topic Star Wars: The Force Awakens (spoilers)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Geoffrey Taucer

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Gymnast
Spoilers now permitted in this thread

I just saw it, and I thought it was.... slightly better than the prequels. (That's not a compliment)

I will say, though, that Daisy Ridley was absolutely amazing. Every flick of the eyes, every crease of the brow, every crack of the voice was spot-on. I felt like I knew every facet of that character, and she just seemed utterly real. Oscar-worthy performance.

Adam Driver, on the other hand, seems to have taken his acting inspiration from Keanu Reeves. (That also is not a compliment)

One more thing, which I will put in white text below. It will not reveal any plot spoilers, but it will point something out which, once you see, you can't un-see, and if you are a Star Wars fan it will make you hate this movie:

Fin is basically Jar-Jar Binx

Last edited:
Guess we'll have to disagree. It was much better than the prequels, and it belongs as a Star Wars movie. Finn was fine. Rey was great. Didn't care for Poe, partly because of acting.

Good pacing, good plot, good emotion, good humor, and the right overall feel. It felt like a Star Wars movie. I was very happy with it.

I'm gonna go see it with my brother on Sunday. Haven't seen the rest of the movies in forever though so I hope I won't get lost!

To those who have already seen it, can I watch it with my wiped memory and not get totally confused? I'm not sure I can watch six (or even three) movies in two days. I have essays to write :D

I'm gonna go see it with my brother on Sunday. Haven't seen the rest of the movies in forever though so I hope I won't get lost!

To those who have already seen it, can I watch it with my wiped memory and not get totally confused? I'm not sure I can watch six (or even three) movies in two days. I have essays to write :D

You'll be fine; you don't have to remember all the minutia of the other movies to get the gist.

I loved it, too! Though the erratic changes of tone throughout the movie (as I perceived it) sort of took away from the drama aspect of it all. My brother and I (and a good chunk of the rest of the audience) were laughing at inappropriate times.

I loved it. I loved that they used mainly old-style special effects. The feel was much closer to the original trilogy, which was wonderful! I'm so glad it wasn't another Phantom Menace....

Hi guys, I work at a movie theater and have never seen any of the other Star Wars peaked in on it while doing checks and got hooked. Watched in in 3D later that night and found it to be amazing. I had no expectations and they surpassed them. Also it's better in 3D.
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1450657904.283759.jpg

Being an avid Star Wars fan since I was eight years old (my dad loves the movies and showed me the magic of them), I loved the Force Awakens! It absolutely felt like a Star Wars movie, and it made me feel warm with nostalgia seeing all the original actors reprise their roles. The effects were great, and the characters and settings/locations were portrayed very well; it just captivated me! j. J. Abrams has my respect!

As for the newer trilogy (Episode I, II, and III), I really don't understand why so many people hate them! The original three films will always be special to me, and I still think they are fantastic, but I certainly do not think episodes 1 - 3 are bad, as they tie everything together, and were George Lucas's vision. The cast could have been better, definitely, but that one aspect does not ruin the movies for me. Plus, there are lots of great moments in those films.

I knew it was going to end that way too, but still expected something....I don't know, more maybe? Thought the lead up to the ending was so good that perhaps my expectations were too high.

Finally saw it today.
The Force was weak.
The Dark Side didn't fully connect with Darkness or Power.
The Light Side, not convinced but maybe that was the point, at this stage I didn't need to be convinced by the Jedi; well Leah was like a sack of potatoes.
Mmmmm. Parts of it I loved it; parts of it were way to slow. Am I looking forward to Episod VIII?! Yep!

Loved the movie, hate the ending, but cant wait to see the next one! I was three/four when the first one came out and I was hooked then(but like many others didn't like the prequels in between) .

I am probably one of the few people around here who remembers seeing Episode III in the theater when it first came out. Enjoyed this one greatly. There's just one thing -- was it only my family who saw Adam Driver and were like, "OMG, it's young Professor Snape!"?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back