Start value for this level 9 bar routine??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastralo

Board mount to kip cast horizontal shoot over, kip squat on jump to high bar, kip cast 1/2 turn, kip cast bounce back layout dismount.

Would this meet all requirements for a level 9 gymnast? Would it start from a 9.7?

OK...to clarify...is the Kip, Cast 1/2 on the high bar a Kip, Handstand 1/2? Also, I don't know the value of the bounce back layout dismount...I'm guessing a B, so that is the assumption I'm going with. So, assuming those two things here is the breakdown of the Start Value:

2 Bs
1 C
Plenty of As
All SRs are met (two bar changes, C turn, B flight, B dismount)

She is missing 1 B (.3) and has no bonus (.3). The start value would be 9.4.

If any of my assumptions are incorrect, let me know and I can recalculate:)

Wouldn't there be another missing B? 1 C, 4 Bs, 3 As?

You'd also have a flat .3 deduction for the horizontal cast into the bail.

Yup...you're right...4 Bs is the requirement, so she is missing 2 B's so her SV would be 9.1. Remember the cast deductions are execution and would not come off the SV, nor would the composition deductions that would go with this routine...which would be a few.

I think im only missing one B? what skill could I add into this routine to get another B? And what about composition deductions? What is that?

What about if I did inside Board mount to kip cast handstand 1/2 turn kip cast horizontal, shoot over, kip squat on jump to high bar, kip cast handstand 1/2 turn, kip cast bounce back layout dismount.

Would this meet all requirements for a level 9 gymnast? Would it start from a 9.7?

no.....................................................& the bounce back dismount (Tanac) is a B. a full is a C.

For the second routine I believe you would have 3 B's and 2 C's, which would still leave you 1 B short. Also, you have no bonus.

.3 --- 1 B short
.3 --- No Bonus
-----------
9.4 SV

If you really needed another B you could maybe put a giant in there? It's a pretty common B that you really can't mess up so long as you stay on.

You can get bonus by connecting B and C skills together.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back