State Meet from the "other side"

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

J

judgegym2

Ok just got back from level 5 state.. The kids were so cute and its great to see how many have built confidence through out the year. There were some great routines and many flawless 2nd year 5s.( I have to say imho if they were in the top ten last year its hard to understand why they are repeats)
Many moms yelling close to the competitive area made the judges even chuckle a few times. A lot of flashes though it kept being announced to not flash! As always the youngest kids had the most competition and seemed the most stressed. Lot of talk of gym switching for kids and coaching throughout the weekend. I dont really think this is the time and place for that but again my opinion. From the coaches view and reasoning "the kid is great the mom is overboard". Lots of talented gymmies out there congrats to all.

Yeah, I always think if the child is placing top ten, they should be moving up. And I was amazed at the State meet this weekend--so many flashes going off and no one listening to the announcements NOT to flash. Seriously--this was an Optional State meet--not the first time anyone has been to a meet before! They should know that most basic of rules (and if it was Grandma flashing (LOL!), then the parent should be stopping her and warning her it's dangerous for the gymnasts.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back