Parents State Meet gift bags stuff - what to do?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

CuriousCate

Proud Parent
As I'm sure many of you have done, we had started our annual collection of items for state meet bags prior to the meet cancellations. I'm the one who was to be putting the bags together. Including myself, only about 1/2 of the parents contributed items prior to the decision and no one has mentioned anything since that time. I emailed all the parents and said that I'd like to go ahead with the bags and just give them to the girls as a "Good job this season!" gift, but haven't heard anything back from anyone in 2 days (I've kept my kids home from practice so I haven't run into anyone either).

The bags would look pretty lame only half filled, so I don't want to give them out as is...I don't really want to return the items I've gotten because it seems silly to return 11 bags of Skittles or Goldfish, etc. But, also I have already put in a decent amount of money into making them and don't want that to go to waste (I personalized make-up type bags for the gift).

Would you send an updated message to parents asking for their contributions? Gift the bags as is with a gentle head's up that I'm going to bring them in next week so parents know to bring something if they want? Or just give everything back?

Thanks!

As I'm sure many of you have done, we had started our annual collection of items for state meet bags prior to the meet cancellations. I'm the one who was to be putting the bags together. Including myself, only about 1/2 of the parents contributed items prior to the decision and no one has mentioned anything since that time. I emailed all the parents and said that I'd like to go ahead with the bags and just give them to the girls as a "Good job this season!" gift, but haven't heard anything back from anyone in 2 days (I've kept my kids home from practice so I haven't run into anyone either).

The bags would look pretty lame only half filled, so I don't want to give them out as is...I don't really want to return the items I've gotten because it seems silly to return 11 bags of Skittles or Goldfish, etc. But, also I have already put in a decent amount of money into making them and don't want that to go to waste (I personalized make-up type bags for the gift).

Would you send an updated message to parents asking for their contributions? Gift the bags as is with a gentle head's up that I'm going to bring them in next week so parents know to bring something if they want? Or just give everything back?

Thanks!
I would save the bags for next year. Anything that's perishable, you can offer to drop off to the family that contributed. I think it's kind of you to do this, but don't think you'll get many more items at this time.

It blows my mind how quickly things are changing! When I posted this question, gyms were still open and now the question seems totally nuts! Stay safe everyone!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back