WAG State Meet Report!! Blizzard

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

AlexsGymmyMom

Proud Parent
For whatever reason this has felt like the longest season! Glad its over and hopefully on to bigger and better things!

Here in Missouri we had winter storm Virgil visit the day of Alex's State Meet! Thankfully we did drive up (only 2 hours) the night before but St Louis was hit with about a foot of snow! It still took us about 30 min to go 2 miles from the hotel to the meet venue! Many cars slid off the road and we got behind a minivan that was having a really hard time going up a very slight hill (kind of funny to watch!!) Anyway, on to the report!!

First up was bars- warm up looked good and her routine looked excellent! They flashed the score 8.875? What???? I looked at the coaches and they looked very confused!! They did ask the referee to check on it and it turns out that one of the judges thought that her coach touched her while doing her giants. .5 deduction. They were reluctant to give it back to her but finally they were convinced that the coach did not touch her. So she ended up with a 9.375!!!

Onto beam - She was a little rattled by the fiasco from bars (and bummed out!!!). She fell on her CW/CW series (can I say that I just HATE that series?) anyway she ended strong but her score was 8.35! Actually better than I thought it would be!

Floor - this was the BEST routine she has done all year!! Very strong and she showed alot of personality!! 9.5 !!!

Vault - it is vault...looked like her others this year! 9.175

AA - 36.375 Not to bad considering the fall on beam! Unfortunately that one fall took her from 1st to 6th in the all around!! Oh well!!

Hopefully X-Cel is in our rear view mirror!! Now is the waiting game to see where they are going to put her. Not sure because of her mental issues with beam, but hopefully she will be doing the New Level 7.

Darn beam!!! :( My DD did that CW-CW series for a little while last year and had lots of trouble, usually did not get the connection value. Alex had a great AA score though especially with a fall. A 9.5 on floor!! WOW!

We have lots of friends in St. Louis and they had pictures of the snow on facebook...crazy stuff. Glad you arrived safe and sound!

Hope new 7 is in her future...Xcel is great but I know she's got to be excited to move on!!

I'm in st.Louis and my daughter competed the weekend before. I was wondering how this blizzard would affect the girls competing in Columbia. Sounds like she did well considering all that happened.

Sent from my PC36100 using ChalkBucket mobile app

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back