MAG State Meet Requirements (SC)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

SeaActually

Proud Parent
Does anyone know the criteria to qualify for the mens state meet in South Carolina? For girls last year there was a minimum score that varied by level. I can't find any information on our state site or anywhere else. Thank you very much!!

Not sure about other states, so I don't know about yours, but in my state, they all make state. THen there is criteria to make regionals. ANd this can vary from level to level.

Ours is the same as skschlag. Unlike on the girls' side, all the boys can go to states. At states is where they can qualify to regionals.

I'm pretty sure it is like that in most states, but I'm not specifically familiar with South Carolina.

Here, the 5s and 6s must make a score of 54, although one year it was 56 (They lowered it to 54 when not enough kids qualified). We're not in SC though.

There's a lot of variation state by state on this. My state does have minimum qualification scores, though I think they are pretty low, like a 47 or 48 AA. If your coach is experienced, s/he should know. Oh, and some states, on both the girls' and boys' side, don't have minimums for the first competitive level, which is generally L4 for boys.

Im also in SC, I believe that you must compete in one sanctioned meet during the year. So yes they all go.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News