Parents State Meet Results

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Boy oh boy... Here it goes....

Beetle was feeling pretty good going into the State Meet. She had the absolutely right attitude, "I am going to just go do my best and have fun. Not worry about scores"

She had quite she cheering section, She had Gym Monkey's Mom with Gym Monkey and half of her teammates all there along with other family and friends.

She got the Golden Rotation... Olympic Order.

Vault.. Both vaults looked good. Her first one had more block but twisted late, her second was better twist but not quite as powerful, they both had a small step. Her sv is a 9.1. She scored a 8.475. We were happy...

Bars.. warm up was not good, she did her flyaways but didnt turn any pirouettes in warm up. Went to her routine and did everything she was supposed to. kip, cast to hand pirouetter kip, clear hip, jump to high bar Cast almost to Handstand.. giant giant flyway.. her high bar was really nice an clean.. the Score? 8.3... we were surprised, thought it was a little low.. even the mom behind me told me that she thought it was low.. but after looking at the video, she had an archy pirouette and knees were a little more bent on low bar.

Beam... well first it was almost an hour before they started warm up ( I hate that .. you get going for a meet then get stuck at a slow rotation) again with the terrible warm up.. She was balking on her walkover.. what is with that? I think she was starting to get stressed out. But then another 1/2 hour after warm up it was time to do it for the judge and she was Clean, clean, clean.. but.. paused on her flight and had some bent knees on her handspring .. sv.. 9.5.. no connection.. score... 8.425..

Well I am breathing again..Here we go.. She needed a 8.8 on floor to qualify for Regions. She has been scoring in the 9's all year, until the last meet and only got a 8.75 with a nice clean routine. She goes out there and Shows it off!!! Nice Full twist. Smiles at the judges.. doesnt look too winded...

Score..... 9.125.. AA 34.324 Holy Cow Region 4 Meet here we come!!

I am glad she made it because she wanted it so badly. Her other 2 teammates also qualified.. I think it would have been really hard if she wasnt the only one to qualify. She really has exceeded her expectations. She is the only 1st year L8 in our gym. Here she is going to Regions..**tears.. sniff sniff...**

What a fabulous results for Beetles first L8 year, so much to be proud of. Great results and also great that she conquered her fears leading up to States. Regionals is a very big deal, just getting there is HUGE. COngrats, hope you can sleep and eat now, you deserve it.

Last edited:
Sooo happy for Beetle:D!!! Congrats to her for going in with the right attitude & having such a nice solid meet!! She worked so hard & it all paid off. Good luck at regionals!!!

Yay!!! Congrats to Beetle, you rock!! Good luck at Regionals!!

Loved the play by play of the meet. Thanks for sharing!! Go have some wine and relax!

Yeah, so glad I found your report, I was wondering if you posted yet and indeed you did!

GREAT JOB BEETLE!

Way to go, qualifying to Regionals!!!! Awesome job!

WOOOOOHOOOO! YAAAAY Beetle! Congrats to her, what a great job, and a first yr L8, my, my, my!

Yay, Kristilyn! Big sigh of relief for you! And way to keep your cool all week, while heavily 'churning' inside, for your dd!

Hope regionals is a BLAST! Where/when is it? :)

Congrats to her!!! And hope she has a blast at the Dells competing :). I had fun sitting between the judges on vault--listening to them discuss how to score a vault. Amazing how differently judges do things!

Huge congrats to Beetle for pulling it out. She must be so thrilled. Our region does a % of a % for going to regionals, so gymmie would have had to score in the high 35s to make it. I wish they would set a national score for L8 regionals like they do for L9---makes more sense in the end.

So, now you can breathe a huge sigh of relief and start planning a trip to regionals!!! What fun!

Woohoo! Congratulations to Beetle on making it to regionals! That is awesome, especially for a first year Level 8. Good luck to Beetle at Regionals.

GLM, our state is the same at Level 8 - it's a percentage and it's based on age group so the younger age group is the hardest one to make it in. Once you get to L9 and L10, though, it goes back to a score.

Meg

Congrats again Beete we are so proud of you. It was fun watching you make it to Regionals your first year at level 8 can't wait to watch you and our Level 8 from our team at Regionals.

Monkey can hardley wait for level 8 next year she said i will be just like Beetle was this year. Only no priouette she will do a counter instead she said. They really are buds. i hope some of beetles floor wears off on her.:eek:

You go girl! Nice job!:) And what a great attitude she had going into it. Just be happy with whatever she gets and have fun. A nice lesson we all should learn. Great scores too!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back