State Meet Saturday.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Beetle has her State Meet on Saturday!

I think I could use some valium like faries... do they make those for nervous Mom's?

She is certain she will qualify for Regions. By all means she should but this is gymnastics and a couple falls... and no regions. It is all going to come down to getting connection on her beam flight and turning her Pirouette the 1st time! Vault and Floor are pretty consistent. Although, she now has too much power in her Tuck Tsuk, cant land them. She is standing up a Pike Tsuk consistenly but her coach wanted her to throw a Tuck first then if that was good she can throw the Pike.

I am not sure if I can do this! LOL.. I thought as parents we were supposed to be less nervous for our kids the older they get. I seem to be going in the opposite direction.

She will do great I just know it.

As for vallium I am with you we will both need some.

Hopefully all the family support we will hve will keep us distracted from nerves.

You can do it and so can Beetle.

I am done with the Valium Fairy until Regionals in April, you can have her until then !!

I bet she does great !!

Good luck! It's good she's confident. My latest trick for reducing meet jitters (for me, not the kids) is not watching warmups. I find myself much more relaxed when I don't watch. At my ds's last meet, during his high bar routine, one of the dad's said "great he made his kip. he missed it everytime during warmup." I was like "oh really? glad I didn't watch."

Dd is level 7, so we don't have to worry about regionals for her yet. I'm sure I'll be a nervous wreck too. Ds has to qualify for regionals at state this year for the first time. I was nervous for him, but he scored 4 points above the cut off at his last meet with two falls, so I'm feeling a little better now. Those 6 events help even things out a bit so a fall isn't as big a deal.

I know what you mean about the valium fairies! I always get so nervous for dd! Gracie's Level 6 state meet is this weekend also. and I hate to say it but we are ready for the end of the season! Good luck to all competing!

Good luck to Beetle at States! Send me some of those valium fairies when you are done with them!

Good Luck. Hope she has a great day and hits all her skills.
My dd will not be going to states since she is injured so I will not need the Valium fairy and sent her to you.

I don't think it ever gets easy--remeber to breath!! We wish her the best along with the other CBs going to states with you :)

Good luck to Beetle !!! It would be nice if there were really Valium fairies for us moms...lol.... I hope she does great!!! Will be waiting for the video!!!!

Good luck!!! :) I get so nervous that the video camera shakes the whole time. I am the worst at trying to record these. Then when she makes a mistake you can hear me announce it on video.

Go kick some L8 tush, Beetle!

As for mom, maybe a stiff drink before States would be a good idea! ;)

She'll be fine I'm sure of it.... :D

States for us this weekend as well and I think I am more nervous than I have ever been for a meet. Last year, an injury kept dd out of level 8 states, so this is our first chance to "try to qualify for regionals." We moved this year. Where we used to live, she would very likely have made it. Where we live now, there are so many good gymnasts and even a 36 might not make it.

She is going to be doing her Tsuk for the very first time which really scares me. Also, she really, really, really wants to qualify. So I know she will be devastated if she doesn't make it. Hence I am a nervous wreck!!

Sending you some valium fairies and her lots of event fairies!! Hope she has a great State meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back