MAG state meet this weekend!!! anyone else have their's?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

sjm2b3

Proud Parent
Hi there. I have a son who is competing level 5 this year. It's hard to believe the state meet is this weekend! This will be his 4th and final meet for the season (he is only 7, not going to regionals as we aren't traveling for meets this year).

It's been amazing to watch his love for the sport grow this year and also watch his improvement. We are encouraging him to play soccer this spring and summer and also swim, but he is eager to keep doing gymnastics. He is motivated to do well in school as our rule is act out or don't do well in school and there will be no gymnastics (we'll see how long this works!!). Anyway, good luck to any other boys who have their states coming up! He just got his pull up thing on the rings (that thing at the beginning of the routine) and also just got his kip. Here's a video if you are interested--he's definitely the smallest competitor out there but he's having a great time!

Zach level 5 3rd meet CRAG - YouTube

My son's state meet is this weekend too. He is home sick today. :confused: Hope he is better soon. Good luck to all the other boys competing this weekend!!

We have state this weekend as well. My son is really excited. But I think his excitement is making him a bit nervous as well, which would be the first time I think he is nervous for a meet.

Good luck to everyone at their states this weekend! We have ours also, and D is a little nervous. He has a big goal this year, and is hoping to get it at state. We shall see!

Good luck to all the boys!

It's definitely the weekend for states! We have 'em too. It's my son's first state meet, and he has very big plans for the mushroom. I hope all your sons have great meets and hit their best routines of the year!

It will be fun (I hope!) to check in next week and see how it all went.

SJM, your little guy is doing a great job. The mushroom looks so tall for him!! Great that he's got both the kip and the second back handspring. I hope he has a terrific time this weekend.

We have our state meet next weekend. Great video - your son looks about the same size as my 7 YO Level 5! Have fun this weekend!

Wow your son did very well! Is 7 a young age to be a level 5 in America? In Australia I think level 5 is under 10 or 11. Also why is the pommel routine so easy compared to the other routines?

PM-
the ages for level 5 are 7-9 or 10-11. My son started level 5 as a 7 yo.

The pommel routine is hard! i know it takes most of the boys a long time to get it really good. Mainly because they are so small compared to the pommel. And they have to do the pommel and the mushroom in each routine :)

I was going to say the same thing. if/when my son goes to level five next year, he will be in the 7 year olds. I think its the age. He has finally got his circles on the Level 4 mushroom, and he is very strong, just not very tall. I think its that a 10 year old can do a much harder routine on both of them than a 7 year old can do. The guys must cruise through the levels if the average level 5 is 10-11!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back