WAG State Qualification Level Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have a gymnast who has competed Silver all season. She’s brand new to the gym this season and we discussed prior to the season moving up to Gold midway. She’s been very successful in the past meets (37.05 all around at the last meet) and has the skills for Gold with the exception of an inconsistent horizontal cast.

My question is this: if we have her compete Gold at an upcoming meet (mid-March) which is the last meet before the Wisconsin State Meet (end of March) will she have to qualify for state at that meet and compete Gold at state? Or is it possible for her to compete down in Silver at state since that’s what she competed a vast majority of the season? (4 meets Silver, then 1 meet Gold). I think she’d do well in Gold, but obviously not as well as she’s been doing in Silver, however she expressed to me that she still would really like to compete Gold this season like we had discussed.

Sorry this got lengthy, it’s a complicated situation and I could only find fuzzy explanations. I just want to know all the information before making this decision. Thanks for your help!!

I have a gymnast who has competed Silver all season. She’s brand new to the gym this season and we discussed prior to the season moving up to Gold midway. She’s been very successful in the past meets (37.05 all around at the last meet) and has the skills for Gold with the exception of an inconsistent horizontal cast.

My question is this: if we have her compete Gold at an upcoming meet (mid-March) which is the last meet before the Wisconsin State Meet (end of March) will she have to qualify for state at that meet and compete Gold at state? Or is it possible for her to compete down in Silver at state since that’s what she competed a vast majority of the season? (4 meets Silver, then 1 meet Gold). I think she’d do well in Gold, but obviously not as well as she’s been doing in Silver, however she expressed to me that she still would really like to compete Gold this season like we had discussed.

Sorry this got lengthy, it’s a complicated situation and I could only find fuzzy explanations. I just want to know all the information before making this decision. Thanks for your help!!
Each state is different, looks like in your state competing a higher level a week before state then dropping back would not be ok. Wisconsin rules say(full WI rules here https://www.usagymwi.com/rules-policies/) :

Drop-Backs
Gymnasts are permitted to drop back to their previous level if after qualifying for and competing at the higher level, they wish to go back to their previous level. Drop-backs must be done by the deadlines listed below. Mobility must be updated on USAG site and Drop-Back forms submitted to the WI-Competition Chair. Drop-Back forms can be downloaded from the state website, www.usagymwi.com under Competition section.
Deadline for Drop-Backs
November 1 – Compulsory Gymnasts
3 weeks before State Meet – Optional & Xcel Gymnasts

Each state is different, looks like in your state competing a higher level a week before state then dropping back would not be ok. Wisconsin rules say(full WI rules here https://www.usagymwi.com/rules-policies/) :

Drop-Backs
Gymnasts are permitted to drop back to their previous level if after qualifying for and competing at the higher level, they wish to go back to their previous level. Drop-backs must be done by the deadlines listed below. Mobility must be updated on USAG site and Drop-Back forms submitted to the WI-Competition Chair. Drop-Back forms can be downloaded from the state website, www.usagymwi.com under Competition section.
Deadline for Drop-Backs
November 1 – Compulsory Gymnasts
3 weeks before State Meet – Optional & Xcel Gymnasts

Awesome, thank you for the help!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back