MAG State report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
D had his state meet on Saturday. Not a bad showing. He was very consistent all day, and did well.

Floor: sv 14.1, score 12.6. Lots of steps on landings that need work, but did his double back for the first time!
Pommel sv: 12.9, score 10.8 Stayed on...fought for it ::)
Rings: sv: 12.8, score 11.4 clean, but no difficulty. sigh
Vault: sv. 13.2 ,score 12.3 Solid!
Pbars: sv: 13.4, score 12.5. Huge step on dismount, but otherwise best of the year!
High bar: sv 13.1, score 12.0. Solid. Another big step.

Needs to clean up, and try to increase some start values, but otherwise solid. Patiently awaiting allotments, and nervous about where he falls in it all.

Oh..placements :)
Floor: 6th
Pommel 9th
Rings: 12th (no medal, just looked it up)
Vault: 4th
Pbars: 6th
High bar: 6th
AA: 5th in the state :)

(one of the top 9s was not there. He competed in the Elite Team Cup and was given a petition to regionals. So, really 6th in the state. Although, really, 4-8 at this meet could go in any order.)

I figure most probably know who I am as the men's world is small, but if you want to see video, I can pm it to you :)

Yay on doing his first double in competition on the floor! And no falls on pommel horse!

Our region takes all the level Nines in the 13 to 14 age group to Regionals. I was surprised to see that yours doesn't, but I would expect a 5th place AA states would easily be high enough for allotment? And you have to wait to find out? Interesting how different things are being done in the different regions.

Reactions: sce
Yay on doing his first double in competition on the floor! And no falls on pommel horse!

Our region takes all the level Nines in the 13 to 14 age group to Regionals. I was surprised to see that yours doesn't, but I would expect a 5th place AA states would easily be high enough for allotment? And you have to wait to find out? Interesting how different things are being done in the different regions.

Oh they all go to regionals. we are awaiting nationals allotment :)

Thanks! He competes April 1st. Got some time to up some difficulty and clean up a bit...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back