WAG State TOPS results

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ok, thanks! I just need a top score in order to try to calculate my daughter's score. This waiting is proving quite difficult for me. We have yet to receive results. Congrats to your daughter! My daughter tested as an 8 year old. She did great on the abilities, average on the skills. I was hoping for a different split.

If my math is correct, the maximum total weighted score is 199.2.

The 8 – 9 – 10 year-olds scores were weighted as follows:

40% Physical Abilities
60% State Skill Testing

The cutoff scores for each age group are as follows:

8 year olds: 115.08
9 year olds: 125.13
10 year olds: 142.12

Gymnasts would have to score at least that score or higher to be eligible for National TOPs Testing.

Seven-year-old scores will be calculated and the Diamond Team will be announced early September.

My daughter has qualified to National Testing. :)

Congrats to your DD and thanks for the info...still waiting for our results.

How did you come up with that number of 199.2? If my daughter, a 10 yr old maxed out on physical abilities 60 out of 60 and got for skills 62 out of 72. Her % for PA was 100 and an 86 for skills. If those are weighted 40/60 i am coming up with a weighted acore of only 91.6? i think my math is fuzzy or she is way off the mark. Btw we r also waiting to hear

Correct me if I am wrong, but I came up with a max score of 168 points. 60 (skills) / 40 (PA) is a 1.5:1 ratio. So, I thought 1.5*Skills + PA = Total points = 168. Does that seem close to valid?

How did you come up with that number of 199.2? If my daughter, a 10 yr old maxed out on physical abilities 60 out of 60 and got for skills 62 out of 72. Her % for PA was 100 and an 86 for skills. If those are weighted 40/60 i am coming up with a weighted acore of only 91.6? i think my math is fuzzy or she is way off the mark. Btw we r also waiting to hear

I came up with 183.2 for your daughter. Not sure if this is right but this is what I did:

62 x 1.6 = 99.2 skills weighted
60 x 1.4 = 84 PA weighted
Total score = 183.2

Correct me if I am wrong, but I came up with a max score of 168 points. 60 (skills) / 40 (PA) is a 1.5:1 ratio. So, I thought 1.5*Skills + PA = Total points = 168. Does that seem close to valid?

Again, not sure if this is right but here is how I came up with 199.2:

Max skills 72 x 1.6 = 115.2
Max PA 60 x 1.4 = 84
Max weighted score = 199.2

I came up with 183.2 for your daughter. Not sure if this is right but this is what I did:

62 x 1.6 = 99.2 skills weighted
60 x 1.4 = 84 PA weighted
Total score = 183.2

Thanks for calculating. I think I was doing a weighted average based on a 100% grade. lol. My error. But based on your calcs and that of scanlri's post, I feel confident she made it through as a 10 year old... We are anxiously waiting for our coaches to hear back for confirmation though.

Im a little disappointed in the way the results are being handled. Im sure its hard but, maybe the first time with all the new changes and with a new person in charge is not a good thing. Im hoping there is a staff to help her. I recently received partial results with an attachment for someone elsesin a different state as well.

My DD made it to national testing for 8 year olds. Not sure of scores but her coaches got the list around noon today. LONG wait, but at least the news was good. Here's hoping the rest of you get your results today too!!!! (and that the results are awesome!)

Hello, we found out on Friday that my daughter made it to National testing, her score was 170 and she tested as 10 year old. This will be her first time going to National testing and I am just looking for some ideas on hotels, restaurants and driving to the ranch? Thank you and good luck to all the girls out there!

The ranch is in Waverly. It is quite a drive from the airport .at least an hour. The USA website usually lists hotels.. There are some bigger exits where theres Hotels and good restaurants.. I believe one of the closest is a Best western in Huntsville.936-295-9000
Good Luck to your daughter!!

Hello, we found out on Friday that my daughter made it to National testing, her score was 170 and she tested as 10 year old. This will be her first time going to National testing and I am just looking for some ideas on hotels, restaurants and driving to the ranch? Thank you and good luck to all the girls out there!

Congratulations to you proudmom. My daughter's coach always preferred hotels at The Woodlands. There are a ton of hotels there to accommodate every budget. We've always opted for any Marriott hotel. The Woodlands is the most developed part of that side of Texas with a shopping mall, department and discount stores and many restaurants in the area. It is about 40 min. to the ranch. Conroe is a little closer to the ranch but was not as desirable since it has less amenities. However, new hotels are popping up in Conroe. Last year, I booked a Fairfield Hotel in Conroe and it was great. I would actually recommend it. I decided to get his hotel because it is only 25 mins to the ranch and it was a brand new hotel. My husband and I feel if the budget allows for only a 3 star hotel, you can't go wrong with a new hotel. We had to pay for airfare for three people (me, my daughter and her coach), rent a car (got Dollar rent-a-car for $12/day), two hotel rooms and food for the entire stay. This hotel fit the bill. The rate was actually very reasonable at undr $100 and since it was new (1 year old last year), the accommodations were fine.

There is also Huntsville which is past New Waverly. There are a few hotels there, Holiday Inn, but we never even drove there as it is past the ranch coming from the airport. There is nothing in New Waverly. Lastly, I think if you are early enough, you can get accommodations right at the ranch. Our coach refuses to stay at the ranch unless she has to. The ranch is very rustic. The fees includes meals. But I spoke with some parents last year and they were very unhappy with the food. Personally. I would not mind the ranch, except maybe the food. It is like camping if you like to do that.

Note that once you enter the ranch property, it is a good 10 mins to get to the gym itself. They also,have wifi. Have fun.

Thank you very much for all the great information, we will be staying in Huntsville at the same place as my daughter's coach. I was thinking about staying at the ranch, but I am not big "camper" so decided to stay at the hotel instead. Can parents just hang out at the ranch while the girls are testing?

Our coach is taking the girls who are testing, didn't know parents went to this. Im fine with letting my DD go with her coach, I don't think I could have gone anyway with my little guy in school and my husbands work...just didn't realize parents could go.

Thank you very much for all the great information, we will be staying in Huntsville at the same place as my daughter's coach. I was thinking about staying at the ranch, but I am not big "camper" so decided to stay at the hotel instead. Can parents just hang out at the ranch while the girls are testing?

Yes. Last year, while my daughter was testing, we just hang out at the ranch and walked around. It was nice. I had my iPad, so I was able to check emails and play games :). We walked to the cabins and met some moms hanging out on the porch of their cabins. It seemed quite pleasant. The cabins look fine. I am not a camper either. But if not for the food, I would gladly have stayed at the ranch. I think my daughter would have loved it. You may see Bela riding around in his. Tractor. Don't forget to check out the Wall of Fame.

My DD found out this past Monday she will be headed back to National Testing. She is much better prepared this year with the skills...keeping our fingers crossed. Good Luck to all the girls!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back