MAG States: happy gymnasts, happy coach!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

profmom

Proud Parent
So four of our guys notched their best AAs of the year at states, and this young team brought home the third-place banner for L5 ages 7-10. Two event silvers, an event bronze, a smattering of other medals, and four of the six of them placed AA.

My DS had a great meet. He knew that if he had a big day, his team might snag one of those banners, so he came loaded for bear. He went for it on pommel horse and competed the flairs and came in second. He also placed on parallel bars and rings (which was a surprise to me!). He remains kind of wonky on vault, but he stuck it, and he finally seems to have a nice RO-BHS on floor. He made his h bar kip, and really put a lot of effort into swinging big on all the swinging events.

He did a good parallel bars routine, but his coach was pretty upset by the score (which was a 10.1). He actually went over and talked to the judge about it, and it turns out that DS lost .9 on toe point deductions. Guess it's better to learn that lesson sharply at L5 states than L8 nationals!

Now, gulp, apparently it is on to L6 for these guys. I keep reminding myself that I didn't think at this time last year there was any way they'd be ready for L5 by the winter . . .

Happy to share video with anyone who PMs.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back