Welcome to our Gymnastics Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

states

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

medic3188

Well we just got back from the Florida gold championships. Amber had a great meet. They started with bars, and you all know this has been a struggle all year. She got a 8.75-her best ever. First time doing the entire routine without a spot or a fall.
Then they went to Beam- she has been fighting that stand up on the mount all season long. I help my breath the entire time. She stood up then lost her balance and did a couple of bobbles until she got her balance. But she didnt fall and got a 9.1- another personal best.
Then it was floor. The judge was very tough . She had a few steps here,her legs were not together in her backward roll-so she ended up with a 8.5. She was pretty upset , she wanted at least a 9.0 to beat her best of a 8.9.
Then she went to vault. She started the season with a 9.5 and 9.4 back to back and then it dropped to a 9.0 and 8.9 . Well she got it back with a 9.55-also a personal best.
This gave her an overall of 35.9-her season's highest overall.
She has another meet in three weeks and then AAU nationals on June 30th in disney. It has been a great season for her. I am so proud.

F

flippymonkeysmom

Congratulations on an awesome meet !!! Yea Amber :) :applause::applause::applause::applause:

mariposa

Proud Parent
Coach
Proud Relative
Proud Parent
Gymnast
Former Gymnast
Judge
Club Owner
Fan
Sep 25, 2007
Country
USA
Wow! She did awesome! Good for her! She has worked hard and it shows!

Ingymmom

Jul 12, 2007
:applause::jump: Awesome job to Amber - Congratulations on soooooo many personal bests, and super job on getting her highest All-Around!!!!:applause::jump:

Status
Not open for further replies.