States!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

nasticsISlove 72

I had states yesterday....[may 19] and this is how i did.

vault---9.10---3nd place
bars---9.30---2nd place
beam--- 9.0 ---2nd place
floor--- 9.5---tied for 1st came in 2nd

all-around--- 36.9 2nd place!!

I am so happy! :D

Way to go!

Gym law mom: compul. gymnasts have states later on in the Spring season. Optionals have states earlier on because they also have Regionals and Nationals (well, 8-10s). USAG also does a Fall states in Dec. I believe.

Hammy--out here in CO, the compulsory girls compete from Sept to Dec. There is no spring season for them. As I spoken with some other parents across the country, most are done with states at any level weeks ago. Just wondering.

I had states yesterday....[may 19] and this is how i did.

vault---9.10---3nd place
bars---9.30---2nd place
beam--- 9.0 ---2nd place
floor--- 9.5---tied for 1st came in 2nd

all-around--- 36.9 2nd place!!

I am so happy! :D

great job! congrats!

Congratulations! That is great!!

Gym Law Mom, we are in Virginia and the Level 4 state meet was this past weekend so I guess some states go fairly late into May.

Meg

I grew up in PA and we just finished our states last weekend I believe, but I now live in TX. From what I've seen so far in TX the compulsaries have their sate meets in the Fall, however they do have other competitions during spring. I think as far as compulsaries go the state meet weekends varry from state to state--I'm pretty sure each state is different. I just know that the optional levels have their state meets earlier because they have regionals and nationals as well.

I would talk to the State Director or the meet director, because USAG rules state that at championship meets if you tie for 1st on an event you should be rewarded the first place medal regardless of your AA score.

So technically you are the State Champion on floor and you should not have received 2nd, and thats a problem that needs to be changed.

CONGRATS!

I would talk to the State Director or the meet director, because USAG rules state that at championship meets if you tie for 1st on an event you should be rewarded the first place medal regardless of your AA score.

So technically you are the State Champion on floor and you should not have received 2nd, and thats a problem that needs to be changed.

CONGRATS!

I didn't know that. I've tied for first at a Regional meet, took second because of AA, and I recieved a silver medal, but I stood on the first place block. I thought all ties were broken by the AA, and that the gold goes to the one with the higher AA. Interesting..thanks for letting us know.

In optional meets that is true, but in compulsory championship meets you must be rewarded the 1st place medal. I assumed she was compulsory because her states ended so late and she wouldn't of had time for regionals or nationals

Congratulations!

You did a great job! We finished our states (MD) last month with Level 4's on Mother's Day Weekend, that was tough!

Kudos to you and keep up the hard work!

Meet Season

We live in MD and our meet season starts in the fall with states in spring- finishing up with Mason Dixon the last weekend in May after Memorial Weekend. I had no idea each state was different, shows what I know! ;)

Great job!! You had a really great meet! Congrats! Sounds like you had fun!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News