WAG Steve Penny arrested

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

On the flip side, I got some good advice from him via private messages -- twice, actually -- when my DD was in Xcel and contemplating a move to JO. He advocated for staying in Xcel at one point, steered me away from a bad gym choice, and reassured me that my DD was not "too old" (despite what I had been told by Gym 1).

It certainly doesn't make me any less disappointed (disgusted, in some cases) in his FB posts, though. Honestly, it's hard for me to wrap my head around it all. Turns out we had several connections....

On the flip side, I got some good advice from him via private messages -- twice, actually -- when my DD was in Xcel and contemplating a move to JO. He advocated for staying in Xcel at one point, steered me away from a bad gym choice, and reassured me that my DD was not "too old" (despite what I had been told by Gym 1).

It certainly doesn't make me any less disappointed (disgusted, in some cases) in his FB posts, though. Honestly, it's hard for me to wrap my head around it all. Turns out we had several connections....
That’s the difficult thing people like Dunno and even someone as awful as Nassar they weren’t 100% bad in all they did or advice they gave some of it would of been good and that’s what makes it so hard to spot who to trust as if all your experiences all have been positive around a person why would you think you their advice wasn’t to be listened to or that they don’t always have the gymnasts best interests at heart. (I’m talking about parents individual experiences and not authorities ignoring multiple reports)
Very few people are 100% bad/evil if they were they would be a lot easier to spot.

That’s my thought exactly. I didn’t think much of him based on a back and forth about bar dismounts.
But it’s easier to understand how people fell into a trap of someone that seemed knowledgeable about certain health topics. Sometimes the people that act the most knowledgeable should be questioned.

Jennifer Sey shared this screenshot on Twitter a few days ago and John Manly posted that “‘Lizard people’ is a white nationalist slur against Jews.”

This is abhorrent and I’m uncomfortable even posting it, but I felt like it needed to be a part of this thread about Dunno.

23D34587-AEF5-49A4-8BE7-6A2EF0CA9845.png

Reactions: sce
Jennifer Sey shared this screenshot on Twitter a few days ago and John Manly posted that “‘Lizard people’ is a white nationalist slur against Jews.”

This is abhorrent and I’m uncomfortable even posting it, but I felt like it needed to be a part of this thread about Dunno.

View attachment 7427
This made me absolutely sick when I saw it. As a gym mom and a Jew I just don't understand why no one has stepped in to tell him a message of this nature is totally unacceptable. This was a hard enough week in the Jewish community without him bringing his hatred into the gym world.

Wow. He came after me on the Nassar thread earlier this year. I didn't know who he was, but he way, way too defensive. I thought he was a good representation of USAG's disgusting attitude toward athlete safety. I didn't know he was USAG's attitude toward athlete safety!

I just went back and read a couple of those early exchanges. Very sad in hind sight, but one thing stood out - "Steve Penny is totally innocent and time will prove that. Wait and see" (paraphrasing). Well, we did wait and see, and we all know how that one turned out.

Anyone who paid any sort of attention to Steve Penny prior to this scandal could see his character was lacking. He's always been a jerk. I've disliked him intensely since 2004.

He oversaw this spectacle - announcing the 2004 Women's Olympic Team. Like he was trying to create a reality TV moment while crushing dreams on live TV.

14 years later, here he is pleading the 5th to save his own arse.

He showed us all who he was a long time ago.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back