StickIt TV article

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I saw the article on Facebook and watched as all of the comments were deleted..

As for the changes to the program, I have heard nothing as yet, unlike others in IL, particularly in NSW.
I have lots of questions!!!

^^^^^ yes article seems like a witch hunt, the fact that no one is willing to put their name to it and all the comments that mention incorrect or poorly reported facts and comparisons are getting deleted mean the article has no credibility for me. Personally I think given the results they are lucky to get any money, unless Peggy used it all up when she left the gymnasts at home while she went and watched worlds instead of building experience.

If what you are putting out there is worthy and truthful then you should be happy to allow all comments (unless pure obscenities and insults) because people can make their own minds up about the truth with the info provided. Fact: Larrissa is really the only Aussie gymnast in recent years to make world finals, yes she also has the tendency to bomb her apps but if she hits she is finals worth. We only get once chance yes we could send a steady gymnast who will compete their best, but their best is not good enough, or we can send the risky kid who actually could do well or completely bomb. The funding relies on medals, a steady average gymnast is defiantly not going to secure funding, better to gamble as there is nothing to loose.

I don't understand all the whining from the Emily Little fan club (GA facebook) about how Emily won more medals at nationals... beating others who are scoring in the 12's does not make a gymnast a potential finalist at worlds. That vault placement at what ever comp it was (test event?) well that score would not have qualified to finals at the previous worlds where all top gymnasts were present. The Amanar training video is nice, but it is to a mat over the pit that is lower than competition height matting and not landed, if she competes it at the next comp I may change my tune, but as far as I am aware taking that vault from than situation to a hard surface landing is a different ballgame.

^^^^^ yes article seems like a witch hunt, the fact that no one is willing to put their name to it and all the comments that mention incorrect or poorly reported facts and comparisons are getting deleted mean the article has no credibility for me. Personally I think given the results they are lucky to get any money, unless Peggy used it all up when she left the gymnasts at home while she went and watched worlds instead of building experience.

If what you are putting out there is worthy and truthful then you should be happy to allow all comments (unless pure obscenities and insults) because people can make their own minds up about the truth with the info provided. Fact: Larrissa is really the only Aussie gymnast in recent years to make world finals, yes she also has the tendency to bomb her apps but if she hits she is finals worth. We only get once chance yes we could send a steady gymnast who will compete their best, but their best is not good enough, or we can send the risky kid who actually could do well or completely bomb. The funding relies on medals, a steady average gymnast is defiantly not going to secure funding, better to gamble as there is nothing to loose.

I don't understand all the whining from the Emily Little fan club (GA facebook) about how Emily won more medals at nationals... beating others who are scoring in the 12's does not make a gymnast a potential finalist at worlds. That vault placement at what ever comp it was (test event?) well that score would not have qualified to finals at the previous worlds where all top gymnasts were present. The Amanar training video is nice, but it is to a mat over the pit that is lower than competition height matting and not landed, if she competes it at the next comp I may change my tune, but as far as I am aware taking that vault from than situation to a hard surface landing is a different ballgame.

Yes,the article clearly came from the WAIS Camp!!
There are certainly parts I agree with but it fast became a blame game and finger pointing!!!!! Blaming said gymnast for the allocation of money from GA is what sent me off their post. A lot of horrible comments were posted towards Larrissa and whilst it was an 'anonymous' post I feel it was very much geared from the WAIS camp. Understandably Emily Little was also very deserving of the individual spot Australia was given but for the post to become almost a witch hunt was appalling. I was very glad to see the comments deleted!!!
Especially the post questioning Larrissa's 'Go Fund Me' account to try and get her parents to RIO, after being named the GA athlete that is given the most amount of money.
I feel this had absolutely nothing to do with the article. It was a real shame that the said article ended up being a blame game geared towards the gymnast in question.....

I don't think the article was blaming Larissa, I think it just questioned the selectors who decided the funding. Rather, it was mainly the comments that were negative to Larissa. But I do agree, the funding should have been shared around the team rather than going mainly to 1 gymnast.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back