Sticky Turns

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

nicci1999

Gymnast
So I have noticed a problem with my turns on beam. Its not so much a balance issue, its a feet sticking to the beam issue, making it really hard to actually turn. Aside from the shoes, any other ways to alleviate this problem? Or should I just suck it up and tear up the bottom of my feet too:rolleyes: Sorry if someone already asked this question and I was too daft to find it already!

Is it because your feet are sweaty? I always used to use a bit of chalk on the bottom of my feet to help that problem- same result as when you use chalk on bars- less friction.

I hate it when my feet stick to the beam too! Sometimes I just suck it up but lately I've been using chalk or masking tape. I tape it on like one of those modern dance toe thong slippers.

So I have noticed a problem with my turns on beam. Its not so much a balance issue, its a feet sticking to the beam issue, making it really hard to actually turn. Aside from the shoes, any other ways to alleviate this problem? Or should I just suck it up and tear up the bottom of my feet too:rolleyes: Sorry if someone already asked this question and I was too daft to find it already!
Hey! Put some chalk on the soles of your feet, and make sure you're up in high releve when you turn. That way you'll have the least amount of friction possible on the turn. Good luck!

Usually that means you're not all the way up in releve when you are doing your turn. Make sure you are pulling all the way up on the ball of your foot with a very straight support leg. You should be pushing your weight towards the big toe when on releve. This will help you turn easier.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back