Still alive, for now...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I can still move, though just barely after my first class, but that's maybe because I work nights (though had last night off) and so haven't gone to bed yet for everything to really freeze up. The conditioning...I don't think they expected people to try and hop into the class from such an inactive lifestyle! I have no flexibilty, as usual, and though I carry most of my weight around my bottom half, my upper body seems to be stronger, for some reason - I came closer to keeping up with the rest of the class with some of those drills. Weird. I'd hoped my thunder thighs might actually have some use, guess not. I am not huge, but the fattest in the class.

Doing handstands for the first time in 8 years or so was just...sad. After those and roundoffs, my wrists had enough and went home for the night (I think this is partially work-related as well, as I don't ever remember having unusually weak wrists before). And I seriously needed to work on bridges, too, because my back flexibility is...bad. Couldn't even do walkovers or bridges from standing when I was 10 or 11, just kind of a flop to my butt. Need exercises for this!

Made the mistake of mentioning some form of wrist supports around my mother and she reacted like I'd said I wanted to bring a live rattlesnake in the house. Spending (your own) money on stupid things to help you do more stupid things. And then later snapped at me for eating an ice cream bar. That she bought a couple boxes of. For me. And had previously wondered why I hadn't been eating them. This sport brings out the worst in her, without her even going near a gym.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back