Parents Storing Medals/Ribbons?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Husband made a tie rack of sorts out of ABS plastic and staggered pegs for hanging medals. LL arranges them by meet, takes them down quite a bit actually. They seem to be the most rewarding, tangible object for her.

Ribbons, meet scores, pictures & occasional programs go in a scrapbook. Year 1-2 have filled one book completely, ending conveniently with States. Again, LL does look back at this frequently enough to be worthwhile. When she is a tween I expect her to make her own scrapbook if she is still competing.

Trophies... I need help there. Crowded on dresser isn't working.

Currently mine are all in a box. I have labelled each one with the year, event and level. I have bought one of those photo albums that are sticky but not sure if it will work.
For her certificate - I have purchased a presentation folder and organized her awards, newspaper clippings, score sheets, report cards, programs and certificates per year and level. She loves this as she can flip through it and see what happened each year.

So glad again we don't have all the awards here. Yes nice for the kids to 'win' but I find mine lose interest in the medals and ribbons anyway.
We have way less competitions and most are just ribbons or certificates, places 1-3 and 3-6. (qualifiers/invitationals)
State + level meets, medals 1-3, certificates 3-6 for apparatus; Trophies 1-3, medals 3-6 AA .
So the most you'd get is a trophy and 4 medals, but most kids will get nothing, or the top kids say 2-3 medals and a trophy.
Mine have their certificates and ribbons in plastic ring bound folders (stuck to a piece of paper with the competition details) and medals on a 'stick' coming out of their bookshelves.

My daughter has a nice over the door hanger from TJMaxx. It was about $7.99 in their home dept. It's pretty.....crystal like knobs and white metal. It hangs over her BR door and after 6 years of competing has more medals than I could count! She just adds them on after each meet and somehow hasn't yet run out of room.

Like others have suggested, she is not the type who would dream of storing medals or trophies away. She's done reasonably well over the years and has close to 40 trophies. They line her window sill, bookshelf and one wall shelf, which is where she puts her 'favorite' trophies....not necessarily 1st place....sometimes she likes the color, the pose of the girl on top or just that it was a fun meet!

I do tease her that at some point we need to find a new trophy home but I'm sure she can rearrange and find space as needed.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back