WAG Strange new leap

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

Fliptwisttumble

DD came home today saying they worked on leaps, and she really liked this one leap, named after a gymnast she couldn't pronounce. She said it looks like a drill for toe shoots..... You jump up in straddle, "swim through" your legs, then land on your belly in sort of a push up.

i just can't quite imagine this, and was thinking perhaps the coach was just trying to get them to do toe shoot drills on the floor, to start getting the feeling? Or is there such a move?

thx.

Thank you all! She says that is it! I agree with MaryA that this would be a hard one to ensure grace with, but DD loves it, so who knows! From her description we just couldn't picture it.

thanks again.

These are beautiful when done right. They always get gasps from the crowd at the beginning of the L7 season too because only a few girls do them in L7. You see more of them in the upper optionals though. There's a girl on dd's who gets such height, its insane.

....My dd's four month old yorki poo puppy is named Shushunova (after my dd's love of this particular move) we call her "Shushie" :D

Yes I checked out some videos and it is beautiful. Her group was learning it (L7/8 and up....). Is it really an A skill? Seems so much harder than other A dance/leaps/jumps....

We had a level 9 girl do it on beam. It's pretty cool!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using ChalkBucket mobile app

When I competed it it was a C on beam :) Shushs are really fun and pretty easy and they always scare anyone who doesn't know what they are. My mom always called it a pancake haha.

My daughter competed it last year in level 7. She did a standing BHS straight into the Shush right out of the rebound. It's a cool skill and fun to watch. I thought it was a B skill on floor, but I could be wrong.

Around here we see it a lot in level 7. I think because they are simply fun to do. At our gym, whenever we have free time with the level 3 and 4s, they always insist on doing them

Pink and Fluffy has this in her floor routine now. If you are quite spingy and flexible its an easy A move to get in. She loves it. She is not allowed to do it on beam so she is working on her Valdez on beam instead.

Sent from my CnM Touchpad 9.7 using ChalkBucket mobile app

I think it's called a shushanova.

This thread is only two pages. You might want to read a few posts before you reply. On the first page someone identified the skill and provided a you tube link. I understand not reading threads that are extremely long but this one was short enough for you to read before you answered.

My daughter competed it last year in level 7. She did a standing BHS straight into the Shush right out of the rebound. It's a cool skill and fun to watch. I thought it was a B skill on floor, but I could be wrong.
A Schush is a B on floor unless they changed the value this year :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back