WAG Strap bar vs wrists - anything to help?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ali'sMom

Proud Parent
While healing a sprained ankle, DD is getting extra time on the strap bar working her giants.
Unfortunately the straps are starting to dig in. She wears wristbands, but she's still getting cuts along the side of the palm

Would tape help this? She says no, but she's known to not want to do something the might look "weird", regardless of helping.

Thanks!

I don't think tape would help. She could try, but I don't see it making a difference. Maybe longer wristbands, or prewrap?

We like the Under Armour long wrist bands. Also, a lot of the girls at our gym wrap their wrists with prewrap and put wrist bands over the prewrap. It really seems to help.

Mine has had the same problem.

She tried the neoprene wristbands under her other wristbands and said they made her too sweaty. Using prewrap helps.

I would think pre wrap with a little tape would help prevent them. But if you are looking to heal the places quickly get some of the 2nd skin bandages (you can cut them into the size you need) or the 2nd skin squares (already pre-cut but sold in large quantities), my dd had the wrist cuts/rips from her grips rubbing and slipping and I put one of those on and then pre wrap and tape before she went to bed every night to keep it in place and it healed super fast that way.

If it is raw: Hydrcoloid bandage, pre-wrap on top then wristband on top. Make sure the wristband is scooted up to cover that spot.

Yes! Second skin!! We do second skin square, bigger square of tape over second skin, pre wrap, tape, then wrist band for wrist rips. The second skin squares slip around a bit, but the above seems to work to keep them snug.

Asked dd about how to make strap more comfortable and she said having straps that are the right size helps but that ultimately it just hurts.

Thanks all!!!
I think she's accepted that even though she wants to work on the strap bars, that ultimately she just can't if it hurts too much.

My dd's gym uses the small wrist bands with gloves, I think? Will confirm this with her tomorrow.
Yep. That's what she does. And to echo the fellowsmom, she says they hurt. But it is what it is so she keeps doing it...she isn't on them a ton.

My daughter wears gloves, like the kind you wear when it's cold, and wristbands. When she went to camp they wore gardening gloves there. The gardening gloves come up higher.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back