WAG Strength Training With Weights

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Exercising with weights is great because you're working out the muscles, you're not gaining weight, and besides, a lot of calories are spent on recovery. We do this kind of training, and so far we haven't had any dissatisfied people.

I'll go ahead and update our progress on this. We just ordered over $6,000 worth of weight training equipment. Unfortunately... everything is out of stock... so it will take some time to get to us... but we are excited.

I'll go ahead and update our progress on this. We just ordered over $6,000 worth of weight training equipment. Unfortunately... everything is out of stock... so it will take some time to get to us... but we are excited.

Getting weights right now is like a treasure hunt. Glad you have a plan.

Reluctantgymmom:

My first thought when you say lots of injuries and military boot camp style conditioning is that maybe it’s due to incorrect form (think about knee position during squats and jumps) and repetitive movement. A gymnast might be able to do X perfect pushups, Y more so-so, and Z more crappy ones. Make any incorrect movement enough times, and your body is going to tell you about it. I remember a weight coach in college getting onto me about bouncing at the bottom of my pistol squat. It was my way of making it easier to do when I was fatigued, but man that was not good for my knee, and I’m glad he called me out on it.

Reluctantgymmom:

My first thought when you say lots of injuries and military boot camp style conditioning is that maybe it’s due to incorrect form (think about knee position during squats and jumps) and repetitive movement. A gymnast might be able to do X perfect pushups, Y more so-so, and Z more crappy ones. Make any incorrect movement enough times, and your body is going to tell you about it. I remember a weight coach in college getting onto me about bouncing at the bottom of my pistol squat. It was my way of making it easier to do when I was fatigued, but man that was not good for my knee, and I’m glad he called me out on it.
You’re probably right. The pistol squats done at the end of practice, especially if they were on the beam were more about trying to stay on the beam and not sitting down than any kind of form and those were really hard on her friends knees. The motions definetly got sloppier the later it got and the more reps they did.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back