hi guys!!!
how long you stay in sidesplit daily???
do you forse oversplit???

thnx

hi guys!!!
how long you stay in sidesplit daily???
do you forse oversplit???

thnx

Hey gimnasticar....welcome.:) I used to stretch everyday for 15 to 20 minutes at practice. This time frame included all stretches, not just splits. My coach used to force us down, that never worked.

What I have found is that splits are really not that hard to get. You must be very dedicated and stretch everyday. You should feel a good stretch, not severe pain. The key is to learn to relax when you are stretching. I used to listen to relaxing music to take my mind off of stretching.

As far as drills:

When doing your, splits slide down and relax for 15 or 20 seconds. Then tighten up all of your muscles and try to force your feet down into the floor. This will have the effect of raising your hips up. Hold your muscles tight for 5 to 10 seconds, then slowly relax. You should slide down further than before.:eek:

Over splits (hyper-splits) aren't really that effective unless you already have your splits close to all the way down. If you do, then definitely work over splits. I have found that placing something under your feet or knees that will slide (a slick mat) helps a lot. It reduces the friction and makes it easier for your splits to slide out.

Last edited:
Sorry-never had a prob w/splits. I can actually do double oversplits, with each foot on a mat a/b a foot off the ground. I've been able to do splits ever since I learned what they were.

Sorry-never had a prob w/splits. I can actually do double oversplits, with each foot on a mat a/b a foot off the ground. I've been able to do splits ever since I learned what they were.

Not me...I'm as flexible as an oak tree. I had to work everyday for my splits, as soon as I stopped working them...I lost them.

People in my gym class and things think that all gymnasts are that flexible, so they freak out. Then i tell them that the girls at the gym think that I'm disgustingly flexible too.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back