Struggling to stay positive in practice

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymnasticsgirly22

Coach
Gymnast
Hi!

So as some of you know, I’m working on coming back from almost a year off due to an injury.

I have really been struggling to stay positive in practice though. I get frustrated thinking of the skills that I’m working to get back that I had them consistently but now I can barely do them.

It also is discouraging watching my teammates all work bigger skills than me while I’m over somewhere doing basics. My coaches won’t let me try new skills with the rest of the team even though I can to the basics/ pre cursor to the skill with good form.

I have been working so hard to get all my skills back and I feel like no one even notices me at practice...
Any tips?

Stay positive! You may not catch up to your teammates right now, but that's only because you took a year off. Don't push yourself to be at their standards, or even at the level you used to be, because that's not where you are right now. I don't know how serious your injury was, but it won't help to feel discouraged. Just listen to your coaches. If they know the depth of your injury then they know how much they can push you.
If you REALLY feel as if they brush you off during practice, ask them personally what they think about your improvements so far. This will make you receive more attention and realize their motives behind not letting you try more skills.
Best of luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back