WAG Suggestions for daughters floor music

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 18037

So my daughter is 9 going on 10. Will likely have the music for 2-3 yrs.

She will be XCel Gold.

Words to describe her. Serious, strong, thoughtful. More athletic then dancer. Can do light and fun, but is not one of those all out there kids. I think she is at the point where she is ready to stretch herself a bit.

Coach is asking for 3 choices then they will decide.

Would love to have some suggestions for her for a jumping off point.

Thanks

black violin? or (there are others)
My 11 yo L6 did the piano guys vivaldi winter/let it go mix. (we had is custom cut) but there is a good let it go gymnastic floor
Piano guys moonlit electric cello
(the beginning is slow, so would need cut by someone who knows how to pulls out the more energetic parts)

I currently love game of thrones, but I think DD will keep her floor one more year (we changed gyms so they haven't heard or seen her floor/floor music)

If you search gymnastics floor music on you tube it pulls up tons of options
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b7nCoEJOr4&list=PLBD0E0543AC4458CC

I'm going to have lots to run by her thanks. Just got an email back from her coach with some recommendations of type of music. She thinks slower paced, strong beats. So a lot of suggestions fit. Coach also said perhaps movie themes. So again, lots fit, even my Bond ideas might fit.

But please keep them coming.

Edited to add, that Gypsy one is great too. One of the level 9 girls in her gym has something along those lines and she loves L9s routine and music

Pea uses 'Victory' by Bond. It's a strong piece of music, the pace is fast but her choreography is more ballet like then powerful. She loves it and also wouldn't do well with cutesy.

Mine also used 'Victory" as well. You can see her floor routine through my link. She is also more on the serious side (at least in gymnastics) and she did not want something "cutesy". We are now on the lookout for new floor music so I will be following this thread!

We are going through that right now too! All weekend was spent listening to music on Energym and floor music expressions. We narrowed it down to 4 then found out one was already being used by someone else so we had to go back and find another! Actually it was kind of fun. DD is definitely not a ballet type and we were looking for more strong, powerful pieces. She actually liked the theme song from the Walking Dead (really not a bad price of music much to my surprise). Good luck and have fun with it.

I'm the same way I'm not extremely graceful I'm more powerful and serious so I know how she feels! Picking floor music is so much fun though I loved it!! I'll try and think of some more for you!

She likes Heart of Courage, so far. For a pop piece she is like Centuries. So those 2 are on her list so far.

Won't use energym because I just won't pay for to demo.

A piece from Gym Jamz comes with the cost of our choreography, but I don't mind paying extra if she really loves it, so basically its between them and Floor Music Express.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back