Parents Summer camp

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gym monkeys mom

Proud Parent
Hey I have a USAG Level 7 daughter and am slow but, still thinking or looking for a gymanstics camp for her this summer. I know Lake Owen but am looking for a less expensive option. Any ideas would be great thanks.:confused:

What area are you from? How far are you willing to travel? Those are the first things you should think about. Let us know!

Sorry, we are from MN. We are open to camps in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, North Or South Dakota would be fine. Thanks for the help.

Yes, good idea to check out colleges and universities---many have weeklong camps. My L7 is headed to Lake Owen in about 3 weeks. She is quite excited.

I have heard decent things about the Hamline camp. But I think it is more of a Day camp. If you are looking for a true 'sleep away' camp you might want to look somewhere out of state.

University of Iowa has a great camp, we have thought about sending Beetle down there.

If you are thinking about Lake Owen, DD and her team will be there in August. Is your DD's team going to go to Lake Owen this summer?

K

Midwest-
My gymmie and many of her team will be at LO from June 15-21(2nd session I believe). Sounds like our kids will miss each other by 1 day! This will be her 1st time doing an away camp, but LO has already been so gracious to them. They have to fly to Minneapolis and then will get a chartered bus to LO. Since they're coming on Sat., the camp said they would let the girls check in Sat. evening and stay in the cabins(saves us all 1 night hotel stay) and then feed them Sunday morning. It will be great because they'll be all settled and will have seen the camp before everyone else gets there on Sunday.

Midwest-
My gymmie and many of her team will be at LO from June 15-21(2nd session I believe). Sounds like our kids will miss each other by 1 day! This will be her 1st time doing an away camp, but LO has already been so gracious to them. They have to fly to Minneapolis and then will get a chartered bus to LO. Since they're coming on Sat., the camp said they would let the girls check in Sat. evening and stay in the cabins(saves us all 1 night hotel stay) and then feed them Sunday morning. It will be great because they'll be all settled and will have seen the camp before everyone else gets there on Sunday.

This will be dds 2 yr at LO. They are really helpful and understanding there, the owner (Tom) is so nice and a great coach too BTW. I was a cabin mom there last yr I'm not sure what I will be doing this yr though. We have a 8-10 hr trip to get there thats the only part I dont like :p The thing I noticed was that the weather would change randomly not just from day to day but hr to hour sometimes, other than her leos dd got the most use out of her raincoat;)

I have heard decent things about the Hamline camp. But I think it is more of a Day camp. If you are looking for a true 'sleep away' camp you might want to look somewhere out of state.

University of Iowa has a great camp, we have thought about sending Beetle down there.

If you are thinking about Lake Owen, DD and her team will be there in August. Is your DD's team going to go to Lake Owen this summer?

K

Kristilyn it is both!! they sleep in the dorms! (our gym kids tend to go there!!)

DD (7) and I will be at Lake Owen with her gym week 8. Our gym made VIP status with 21 or 22 kids attending. I will be in the camp store.

Barb

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back