Parents Summer gymnastics camps - who's going?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kayjaybe

Proud Parent
Just dropped my dd off at Woodward! She is there with almost half her team (almost 30 girls!) for the week. She was so excited....and so am I! This is her first time there.

I went to Woodward over 30 :)eek:) years ago. Some of it looks the same...but we sure didn't have air conditioning in the cabins back then! Also, it was ONLY gymnastics. No skateboarding or bikes or A/V camp. It has definitely grown!

Anyone else have a kid going to camp this summer?

My DD will be at Woodward in August with a lot of her team. She loves it there. Best part is DH and are sending son to camp same week and will be having a vacation with just the two of us.

My daughter just got back from a week at the Illinois Institute of Gymnastics. She has done Woodward for a few years and wanted to try something different. Last week they had a "bars add on" where they concentrated on bar releases two evenings and all day Friday.
She said it was great but if you are looking for the "camp" experience this is not the place. They (65 of them) stayed at the Hyatt and spend 9-5 at the camp.
It was a good different.
She loved Woodward. Have fun

Mine went to Flip Fest camp at the beginning of the summer and loved it! Hope that all your kids have as much fun as she did.

Mine did week 2 of flip feat and loved it so much! They can't wait to go next year.

DD would be leaving for gymnastics camp today if she hadn't broken her foot. :( it makes me sad to see all the Facebook posts of parents of her teammates getting their daughters ready to go. It wasn't so much that I minded spending the money on a camp when she is so limited in what she can do as much as I am worried she would either feel left out/bored (it's a college camp, so there aren't a lot of other activities offered) or that she would try to do too much. Boot comes off Thursday, so maybe she'll go to Woodward later in the summer.

Mine went to OU last week for the second year and LOVED IT! She had her RO BHS BHS before she went, pretty much had her RO BHS BT, but came home with those skills solidified AND gained her RO BHS BL! (I hope I used the right acronyms!)

How did they do with the full two weeks? From your post I'm guessing it wasn't too much.

How did they do with the full two weeks? From your post I'm guessing it wasn't too much.
Do you mean me? If so, my kids only went for 1 week. It was week 2 of the camp. My 9 yo D's and 7 yo did both want to go for 2 weeks next year though. My 9 yo did says she would be too homesick with 2 weeks though.

my ds heads to flip fest in July..week 9. He is so excited, although a bit scared. He has to get on an airplane without mom or dad...first time ever. But there are a lot of boys and girls from his gym going so it should be fun.

Mine just got back from UNL Camp. She had a blast and learned so much. It was an amazing experience for my little shy, momma's girl. Skill wise she improved but the biggest thing she learned was to not get scared in front of a crowd. She was able to do a speaking part in a skit she and some friends put together, and did the camp dance at the end. She just turned 6 so she has not competed yet and I was wondering if she was going to be able to do it with her shy nature but now I am certain she can!

Apparently DD is having such a great time at camp she is too busy to talk to mom. Thought she would be at least a teenager before she was too busy to talk to me lol

DD is leaving for camp on Sun for 5 nights at our local university. She is super excited-I am nervous

My DD is going to Carter's Gym Camp in Phoenix next week with some teammates. They don't sleep over but will be in the gym from 9-3 and 6-8 everyday. She excited and nervous at the same time.

My DD is going to Carter's Gym Camp in Phoenix next week with some teammates. They don't sleep over but will be in the gym from 9-3 and 6-8 everyday. She excited and nervous at the same time.
I looked at that camp for DD, but a little too far from Canada ;)

DD heads to IGC on Sunday. Just got news too today that the PGC will be there LIVE and DD will get to sit in the audience during evening activities and watch it! !! That and getting to meet Nastia has her very very excited!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back