Parents Summer is starting

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

txgymfan

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Let’s celebrate! What are you looking forward to this summer both for your gymnast and for you/your family.

I’m ready to spend more time with the kids and can’t wait to see my parents at the lake later this summer.

Lots of travel this summer. Going to KY for my nephew's wedding. Then going to Illinois for D's gymnastics camp. then we are going to Kansas City for Championships. In between, hanging with the family and teaching summer school (gotta pay for all of this somehow!)

I am looking forward personally to two weeks to myself at home- my first break from my kids in a year (and that was three days alone in a barn- long story). For my gymnast I am looking forward to her enjoying her trip to Italy and then us enjoying a beach trip and camping trip with her before she goes to college. She’s looking forward to not doing full bar routines (ha!). For my dancer I am looking forward to her having her first serious ballet intensive- and for her first modeling job.

I am looking forward to school getting out at the end of the week.
For YG, I am looking forward to her getting back into the gym and seeing how her ankle is (bringing her back slowly from a sprained ankle ... SM decided she didn't need PT, even though it was going to cost her nothing and I was going to be taking her to and from ... she had her school trip to DC during what was supposed to be her 2nd week of PT. She went 1 day, and luckily, I know WHAT exercises she needs to do and know what she can be cleared for as time goes on). She has 10 practices until Y Nationals in Wisconsin. She has her followup with the ortho June 4th before practice. She is hoping he will release her completely then. We will see. Fingers crossed.
Also before Nationals, we have my dad's Company Picnic ... swimming, inflatables, either rock climbing or a zipline (or maybe both - it depends), all the hotdogs and ice cream bars you can eat, and a chicken dinner (I don't eat the chicken dinner, but it is a huge leg/thigh combo, cole slaw, apple sauce, a roll, butter, and baked beans). Both OG and YG love going even though they are now too big for the pony rides, lol.

For OG, I am looking forward to helping her prep for the ACT English portion. I am also looking forward to seeing if she was serious about going back to gym. She wanted to ... but was also doing track and only went to 3 practices - where she mostly conditioned and made a goal chart of skills she wanted to get back or get and the dates for them to happen by. I am also looking forward to MORE COLLEGE VISITS THIS SUMMER :)

Looking forward to lots of time in the pool, vacation in late July, and seeing progression for both kids. Last summer DS was just starting out and only trained 4 hours a week. This summer he'll do three weeks of in-house team camp from 9-3, then 12 hours/week for the rest of the summer. He is obsessed with gym and I'm looking forward to seeing the skills he picks up this summer. DD is going to her first overnight gymnastics camp and is so excited. She can't wait to work on new skills and test out her independence.

Let's be real. I'm looking forward to not packing lunches for school every morning.

LOL. I wish. D has practice 3 days a week from 8-9:30 then 12-4. So I will be packing lunches/snacks/dinner those 3 days a week. He also works from 5-8 4 nights a week so I am sure I will just load the cooler with tons of food!!!

So jealous of all you guys with vacation/beach plans!! I’m not looking forward to summer: this is the first year DD joins the team summer practice schedule (9-2 M-F) so I still have to get her ready every morning and pack a lunch. I’m wondering how she’ll adjust. Plus we’re getting ready for comp season starting August.

I am excited though to get our backyard done!

Looking forward to doing things with both kids that doesn't involve school or sports. Swimming, museums, trips to see family. I'm looking forward to Gymmie's first real summer in a gym she loves with teammates and coaches she loves (really looking forward to that). And peaceful evenings. Oh, the peaceful, homework-free evenings *happy sigh*

9-2! Cuts into the afternoon, but a 9am start time sounds nice :)

Our area gets suuuper hot in the afternoon so they want to get the team girls in and out before the 3pm heat then leave the evenings for rec and level 3 to minimize body heat.

There has been talk of moving it up to 8 or 8:30 am to help accommodate working parents (coaches are fine with what majority of parents want - they were just trying to be mindful of those that had a longer commute) but with a gymnast that is not exactly a morning person... I’m good with 9

Beach, summer practice 8 to 1pm, packing only fruit snack gym, a happy stress free smiling daughter excited about new skills.

Let's be real. I'm looking forward to not packing lunches for school every morning.
I actually have to start packing lunches for camp. At school she does the cafeteria...............

Lack of sleep as I work overnights so morning practices s*ck

The bright side, more time to prep dinner and have it as a family as taxi runs are over in the afternoon.

Adventures with my girl as our week goes from something to do 7 days, to 3-5 days.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back